Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Tips for people facing homelessness

Thanks for posting. When thinking about living homeless, one of the main things i was worried about was getting mugged. How low do you have to go to mug a homeless guy... I mean come on.

I had a small experience with homelessness for a couple of days. What a horrible and strange experience.

Having a bed to sleep in at night is something so easily taken for granted, by almost everyone. When that privilege is taken from your life, then the state of the world truly starts to make sense.

People should always have a place to sleep, and some food to eat, as a minimum, no matter what.

Baking soda > than toothpaste. It is multi purpose and works for your teeth. You can clean your feet off with baking soda.

Also if you have one premium investment you can make, get 2-pair of the microfiber smart-wool socks.

One more thing is if you want an all-terrain rather than just urban survival bag, I would think about getting a portable water filter. You could make one from sand and charcoal, but it isn't that efficient when traveling.

Sign in to follow this