Patrick Brown

Anyone tried living on just brown rice?

I would not call this living. Only this is not a complete diet. For years I lived on anasazi beans and blue corn, cuz I'd get each in 100lb sacks from the farm. I also grew four plants for a tea that didn't need anything else to enjoy. Amaranth, jamaica (hibiscus), chamomile and lemon grass.

In addition, I'd often create a rue and add a few vegetables, seeds and cabbage. What a wonderful period in my life that was…amazing really.

With rice, you ought to consider a legume. Combined, they constitute a complete protein. Then you can you be a good lover, mon ami!!

But no café au lait? No 90% chocolate? What about cookies and ice cream— and whiskey? You know, the main food groups!!

All things in moderation… and I hope you accomplish whatever it is you want to with the diet you are planning to keep.❤

-k- said:

Aaron, it tastes much better if you rinse water through it before cooking. I used to think that it tasted like cr$p too until I got that hint. The texture is fun[/i]

hahaha!! I love quinnoa!!

(ed note: add last line)

Edited by deci belle

I've been tempted to give this a go although I'm concerned that it might be detrimental to my health. So anyone tried it?

Try this first -- http://organicjar.com/2011/2933/

We (Indians) use it all the time, especially for diets and before and after fasts (also as staple during illness). It is very nourishing, calming and detoxing. Make it with Brown rice and it's even healthier.

A lot of yogis live on predominatly kichadi too with some vegetables claiming its norishing properties. I used it a lot as my main retreat food some years ago and it works.