Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

[TTC Study] Chapter 77 of the Tao Teh Ching

I think it is important to keep in mine that the Way of Heaven (Tao) is impartial. Not everyone is going to get the same thing. Some will get rain and others will get sunshine. Some will be tomented by hurricanes and others will be afforded ideal weather.

The Way of Heaven (Tao) always seeks balance (harmony) though. I think that this is the importance difference between the Way of Heaven and the way of man as Lao Tzu was speaking to it. (Always remember the Strawdog.)

I understand what you mean Marblehead;

I am just presenting the other possibility of interpretation.

My question is whether the guy copying the text for the MWD forgot 聖 (sageness) towards the end of chapter 81.

Or the text is initially like that.

Just presenting, (and trying to be partial tongue.gif)

Take care,

would be nice as well if we could make Sinfest mod Chuangtzubiggrin.gif.

I understand what you mean Marblehead;

I am just presenting the other possibility of interpretation.

My question is whether the guy copying the text for the MWD forgot 聖 (sageness) towards the end of chapter 81.

Just presenting, (and trying to be partial tongue.gif)

Take care,

would be nice as well if we could make Sinfest mod Chuangtzubiggrin.gif.

Yeah, I know. But I too thought it important to view it from another perspective. Hehehe.

Yes, there is always the question of accuracy of the copy process while we do not have an "original" that can be directly attributed to Lao Tzu.

I am hoping that we will not need moderation of the Chuang Tzu sub-forum. It is so easy to just get along. It takes a lot of work to be disagreeable and try to muck up a process that has proven to be successful.

We all know the way of a sage but human. Therefore, scholars thought that the guy copying the text for the MWD without 聖 (sageness) towards the end of chapter 81.

opps.....I opened my mouth again....!!! :o

Edited by ChiDragon

opps.....I opened my mouth again....!!! :o

Hahaha, don't worry but I get what you mean.

I am stating it aswell for the sake of none Chinese readers.

Sign in to follow this