Informer

Sensation of rotation during meditation.

This kind of thing used to happen to me quite often when I started meditating, some two years ago. I would completely lose the sense of direction; sometimes it felt like flying, sometimes like falling into an abyss... Usually it made me feel dizzy and confused and I had to open my eyes to regain "balance". I recall that when I was a kid (like 6 years old, but I'm not exactly sure) it used to happen to me almost every night, right before falling asleep. It was actually quite pleasant sensation.

It doesn't occur that often anymore. I'm glad, because it's really difficult to stay calm and focused when your body's rotating like crazy and you don't even know which way is up :)

Informer,

I am not sure how to formulate this , but I will try. :)

First dont try and spin anything , rather watch where and why this is coming from that way you will come to understand a lot. Hope that this comes across well intentioned. Someone before me mentioned 'stay centered',that is a good advice.

Astral realms spin ,we are spinned into being in some way. I feel this spinning from universe entering my being with every breath .

Sometimes I sit and also like you spin and spin so fast , waves and waves wash over me ,transforming, chaniging, I am opening up more and more ,asleep in body counciousness and awake in different dimension.

Sometimes I also become disorentated while sitting and it has happened that I forget that I have a body at all ,so when I am returning and thoughts come back ,I think where is my body ,is it on the chair? Or is it sitting on the floor? :ninja::lol: Or when I start feeling my bum on the chair I think ,ah here I am .

I went through a phase some 7 years ago when I was literally reeling while walking from this spinning sensation sometimes ,this was due to me starting to adjust to different frequencies during an instense meditation period.

Thank you for sharing. I'm not trying to spin anything it just seems to be happening. I am trying to narrow it down, like if it is not my body spinning then what is? There is something spinning but not my body, it's pretty wierd, but I have experienced wierd before.

it's happens to me when I meditate on the pulse (to find the pulse between the heartbeats and to let it take over)...I don't do it very often.

When I do that I experience a sway back and forth, this seems to be something different, I am not controlling it at all, as far as I can discern.

This happens to me on occasion as well.

My take on it comes from an interview with a Shaolin master who said that after qi gong one of the most important things is to stand afterwards and be like (I forget the the exact name right now, but something like) "leaves and branches swaying in the wind" swaying back and forth with the chi flow, side to side, where ever the chi moves you. He said that not doing this loses a large percentage of the accumulated qi from the practice, I guess because it has to settle naturally.

I'm just speculating, but I think stillness-movement qi gong works with this too, just basing that on the videos I've seen of it.

So, my advice would be to go with it as it's probably chi that has been activated and so it's moving around and physically moving your body with it (chi tends to move in spirals according to some internal martial arts practitioners).

Buddhist meditation would say to pass it over, but Taoists also practice sitting forms of Chi Gong so you can go with these feelings to nourish the organs and open energy channels and things when you've gotten to the point that it's still moving but not necessarily taking your torso with it! but if the body wants to move with it right now to adapt to the circulation, then it probably knows what it's talkin' about, lol.

I wouldn't try to move intentionally, but let the chi do it's thangalang until it's ready to settle back home..lol. Or not. Whatever you want to do...lol.

Interesting take. I have been doing Micro Cosmic orbits from Love to Fire to Water for some time, It could be chi moving around, yes I do feel chi, but this is unusual to me if it is as you say. Usually the chi is under my command, or so it seems.

With this particular phenomena going further into stillness actually increases your awareness/sensitivity to it. Informer can you confirm whether or not this is the case for you?

I agree that this seems to be the case.

Thanks to everyone for reply and sharing the experiences and explanations. Love to you all :)

Is this similar to what you were talking about imonuos?

http://www.crystalinks.com/merkaba.html

It is interesting to find that the heart is at the core of this practice as well. :)

This part is particularly interesting.

"MIND: Be aware of the whole star tetrahedron. Realize that there are three whole star tetrahedrons superimposed over each other. One is the body itself, and is locked in place and never, except under certain conditions, moves. It is placed around the body according to maleness or femaleness. The second whole star tetrahedron is male in nature, it is electrical, is literally the human mind and rotates counter-clockwise relative to your body looking out, or to put it another way, it rotates toward your left side. The third whole star tetrahedron is female in nature, is magnetic, is literally the human emotional body and rotates clockwise relative to your body looking out, or to put it another way, it rotates toward your right side. "

They should have gone into the italicized part more imo.

Edited by Informer

I had a dream last night. I had intentionally remembered to find my "Higher-Self" and ask about the merkabah. This is kinda funny, but when I remembered while I was in my dream, I was by a Burger King, and decideed I will just go in and ask to speak to my higher-self. So I go inside and go up to the counter like I'm going to order and simply ask to speak to my higher-self. Well, this is wierd, but a girl is pointed out to me, like she's the manager of the place. The person I had asked to speak to my higher-self stood errect like he was a subordinate or something, so that's why I figure she was the manager. Anyways I proceed to ask if I am ready to practice the Merkabah meditation. Then as far as I can remember I woke up. Just like that, no reply or response that I can remember.

So my higher-self is a girl?

I know this is a wierd dream, but I thought I would share with you guys, because it is kinda funny at the same time.

Maybe I will try it again tonight.

Peace and Love.

Heh that's funny:-)

You know i think my higher self is the one in operation when the small me shuts up and follows. Anyway, apparently lots of "things" can come and tell you they're your guide or higher self. Not all of them are worth listening to IME:-) My shavite buddhists were serious pot-smokers with awful fashion (and body) sense. I think the orange trousers and silly hat were the last straw.

Anyway, to be serious about it. The whole point is "know thyself".

IMO dreams can serve to bring to your attention incongruent stuff that you might not have taken into consideration when awake. So the volume gets turned up until you do take notice:-)

Heh that's funny:-)

You know i think my higher self is the one in operation when the small me shuts up and follows. Anyway, apparently lots of "things" can come and tell you they're your guide or higher self. Not all of them are worth listening to IME:-) My shavite buddhists were serious pot-smokers with awful fashion (and body) sense. I think the orange trousers and silly hat were the last straw.

Anyway, to be serious about it. The whole point is "know thyself".

IMO dreams can serve to bring to your attention incongruent stuff that you might not have taken into consideration when awake. So the volume gets turned up until you do take notice:-)

I think I have heard about that before. Isn't there a way to make sure it really is? I Have always had pretty decent dream control, but never really messed with the higher-self thing. Mostly I use the lucid dreams for entertainment.

The only way I know is mindfulness and introspection. Y'know "thinking":-)

But pretty open focussed thinking, not the blowing leaves type.

I'm sure there are written instructions out there. TaoMeow mentioned a book on Lucid Dreaming a while back.

Maybe it was pointing in a direction to get more in touch with my feminine side.

What are some aspects of your practice K?

This is something that has been happening over the last week or so while I meditate. I get into a thoughtless and blank state, and it feels as if my body is pivoting in a circle, rotating counter-clockwise for roughly 270 degree's then clockwise for around 270 degree's. Back and forth. I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience or knows what's up.

Thanks.

Just my .02,

You are drifting off a bit too much. Keep your eyes open - at least a bit, while you meditate, it will help keep you focused. If you are truly "keeping the center" then there's no way you're going to feel like you're rotating back and forth like that, even if it is slow. It sounds like your awareness is not staying focused enough - meditation should be an exercise in awareness, if you are floating off mindlessly then you are not keeping the center well. Refocus your awareness and stabilize harmonious breath; nothingness is NOT the same thing as oblivion :)

• Like 1

Maybe it was pointing in a direction to get more in touch with my feminine side.

What are some aspects of your practice K?

My practice has sort of dropped off. As i mentioned to Mal, i don't want to be enlightened. It feels absolutely crazy-making so I've been trying to figure out what to do about it.

I was thinking, maybe i should get a teacher but i don't want a religulous one. I still do qi-gong because it's a habit but i wonder now if I'm doing it right.

Anyway, aside from that, working in the garden, working, meeting friends, stuff...