ux-mal-14

Fu Jou

Hey, I think it's important that this kind of information is up front...

Anyway, he does seem legit, and some of his other books look really interesting as well. His lineage certainly lends him credibility--and it's great that he's shared so much of his knowledge.

Sure ;)

There are plenty criticisms about Master Ni. He has changed the traditional language to suit the western mind, you only have to read his Daodejing to see that. And because he is more of the "religious/mystic" type of Daoist some folks think he is too "new agey" with his talk of spiritual energies and beings.

:D

Edited by Stigweard

Very good syncronicity Stiggy,

since I am lately interested about the "Golden Light".

You may remember infamous Mak Tin Si. This is where I heard it first.

Second I found this which may help you to learn it in chinese :

http://javewu.multiply.com/video/item/15/15

金光神咒

天地玄宗 萬氣本根 廣修億劫 證吾神通

三界內外 惟道獨尊 體有金光 覆映吾身

視之不見 聽之不聞 包羅天地 養育群生

誦持一遍 身有光明 三界侍衛 五帝司迎

萬神朝禮 役使雷霆 鬼妖喪膽 精怪亡形

內有霹靂 雷神隱名 洞慧交徹 五氣騰騰

金光速現 覆護真人 急急如玉皇光降律令敕

A other thing is the "Golden Light Method" in the Book "Qigong Empowerment"

Shou- Yi Liang. Summary : Golden Light Mantra is practised with this a Formular which I give later.

Effect:

-Cultivate Body

-Regulate Spirit

-Increase Energy Field

-Guard against negative Energy

-Increase Yang Qi

-Refining Yin Qi

-Increase precocgnition ability

-Prevent Distraction of Society

-Bring Good Luck

-Prevent Misfortune

A very interesting thing I read is around the Golden Light will a Purple radiance appear. This is an insider.

Formular: (near as exact as the book taken from http://healthandmeditationcorner.blogspot.com/2009/04/golden-light-meditation.html)

1. Before you start your practice rinse your mouth and wash your hands. Sit down either on the floor in any Yoga position you deem comfortable; alternatively sit on a chair making sure your back is not resting against any surface.

Place your hands in front of your lower tantien (which is approximately just a bit below the navel) and form a cup with them (men with their left hand on top, women with their right hand on top) and let the thumbs gently touch each other.

Relax your mind and your entire body by imagining it is changing its shape from ice to water and from water to gas. Think of your body dissolving slowly. If you find this exercise difficult, lie down on the floor and focus on your breath and then the rising and falling of your stomach. Then resume to the sitting position.

Before we start with section two you must ask for assistance from the higher astral planes. You can ask your God, Buddha or any other religious entity you normally pray to for help. It is also very important acknowledging the fact that you are following this path to strengthen your moral character, showing repentance for all the wrong you have done, and promise to have a compassionate heart to all sentient beings as well as help other people and forgive them for any of their wrong doings.

Make sure you breath naturally throughout the duration of the entire exercise.

2. The mudra adopted during this meditation is called "golden light hand seal."

Change your hand posture to the golden light hand seal. It is accomplished by coiling your middle and ring fingers and placing your thumbs on top of them. Then let the index and small fingers of both hands touch each other lightly.

Close your eyes and visualize a white full moon in front of you illuminating your whole body. You must then visualize the full moon as a stream of white pure light entering your body through your third eye (midpoint between your eyebrows) down to your solar plexus (centre of your chest) and finally into your heart.

Visualize and look internally at your heart, which is illuminating a golden radiance increasing its size gradually from small to large in an spherical pattern, and then visualize it becoming a rising reddish sun illuminating your heart and lungs. Maintain this visualization state for about 5 minutes (or less if you find it difficult. Start with one minute and then slowly build it up to 5 for several days until you become comfortable with your practice).

The next step is moving the reddish sun to the middle of your chest and stop there for 30 s to 1 minute. Then lower the reddish sun down to the middle of the lower tantien, and visualize that the radiance of the reddish sun is increasing in size and fills your entire body from the inside: internal organs, blood, bones, bone marrow, muscles, tendons, skin and hairs. Continue to expand the golden radiance of the reddish sun until it reaches the size of the room you are practicing in (if outdoors imagine it expanding to about a distance of 5 m.)

3. Raise your hands above your head with palms facing each other as if you are holding a ball. Inhale deeply at the same time you are doing that, then exhale slowly and lower your hands slowly as well down to the chest level bringing them back together. During the lowering of both hands, visualize the golden reddish sun quickly shrinks back down to your lower tantien becoming a reddish elixir pill illuminating a red radiance. Repeat this 1 to 3 times in order to condense all the illuminating chi energy into your lower tantien.

Finish by rubbing your palms together and massage your head, face, ears, the back and front of your neck, and your arms.

Q

P.S : I am bit lazy, else I would put the Pinyin in addition for the Zhou - maybe later.

NICE !!! :D

The Golden Light visualization you shared is so similar to mine its uncanny. I will take it as another cross-referencing verification.

Thank you!

:D

I am aware that he was taught by his father and also studied with the mountain hermits in China. He and his family fled to Hong Kong during the Cultural Revolution where he worked as TCM healer and wrote several books in Chinese, and then he was invited to US by a Daoist group looking for a traditional teacher. Thereafter he has written scores of books in English with the help of his US friends. Alot of these books are based on transcripts of his lectures.

Hello Stig,

as I am sure you are aware Master Ni fled to Taiwan (not Hong Kong) where he taught for a number of years before moving to the US. At the time he was a techer of Martial Arts and most of his books in chinese were MA related.

For more info I suggest the informative first-hand account in issue 3 (I seem to recall) of the Journal of Daoist Studies (http://www.threepinespress.com/?p=6)

YM

The article on Ni Hua Ching is by Mark Johnson and is entitled 'Ni Hua-Chings Americanization of the Eternal Breath of Dao'. It can be found in the 'Journal of Daoist Studies - Vol 3' as YMWong stated. Mark Johnson has a more detailed account of his experience learning under Ni Hua Ching in his book:

Life Is Divine Play: My Life and Training with Enlightened Masters

According to this article, Ni Hua Ching was a doctor of TCM and martial arts teacher and he also taught daoism in Taiwan. Mark Johnson was initiated into Ni Hua Ching's daoist sect in Taiwan before returning to California to help set up Ni Hua Ching's new center there.

Here's an excerpt:

"His lineage was called the “Union of Dao and Man” (Daoren heyi 道

人合一) while his particular sect went by the name of the “Eternal Breath

of Dao” (Da Dao hefeng tang 大道和風堂). It was an eclectic mix starting

with his father, Ni You‑San, a well‑respected physician from southeast

China who taught Master Ni most of his medical knowledge. Master Ni’s

earliest ties with formal Daoism came from a temple near his hometown

where he trained as a teenager. I once visited that temple outside Wenzhou

(see Fig. 1). The abbot told me they had strong ties with the White

Cloud Monastery in Beijing.

Master Ni also claimed an unbroken succession through various

later teachers to the medieval Highest Clarity masters Sima Chengzhen

(647‑735) and Tao Hongjing (456‑536). He certainly knew innumerable

styles of taiji quan, gongfu, and bagua zhang, and had unrivaled knowledge

of acupuncture, herbal medicine, Chinese astrology, and the Yijing.

He also believed in a strict daily regimen with high ethical standards.

Our practice in Taiwan was punctuated by a slew of psychic phenomena.

Master Ni would regularly intrude on our dreams and on several

occasions was seen in several places at the same time. Once he killed

a rat by just pointing his sword of exorcism at it. And once a turtle arrived

in the mail, sent by a construction worker who had never heard of

Master Ni but he sent the turtle because the turtle spirit told him to do so

in a dream.

Then there was the time when I fell asleep on the floor after editing

for nine hours and had a vivid dream of Master Ni leading me to a high

spiritual realm and putting me on trial. After many arguments back and

forth, a decision was handed down that I could continue training with

them. When I woke up, I saw Master Ni was standing over me. He said:

“You were allowed to stay with us by the skin of your teeth.” With that,

he turned, went into his room, and never mentioned that incident again.

Having completed the basics of our training, we were finally ready

for initiation in the spring of 1975. It was a very formal event. We started

the ceremony at 2 a.m. since it was the most auspicious time astrologically.

We brought flowers, food offerings, and spirit money to the altar,

where we offered them with numerous prostrations. Then we entered

the altar room on our knees with a letter of petition on our heads that

evoked a host of deities. Master Ni touched each of us on top of the head

and we walked around in an altered state for a few hours.

After our initiation, we began a new regimen that involved daily

exercises; the reading of incantations, and participation in a formal

weekly ceremony. Soon thereafter, we returned to the U.S. to prepare a

medical clinic and spiritual center for him. This resulted in Master Ni’s

main center, the “Eternal Breath of Tao” in Malibu near Los Angeles."

Edited by oat1239