Informer

Tradition and Lineages

Um, you said "Vajraji et all." No, what I said was not amazing. I find your grouping of individuals together pretty amazing

I don't know what et all means. What I wrote was et al, which is Latin for et aliae which is gender neutral. I grouped you with other defenders of various Buddhist lineages given that you believe that no one outside your lineage has any wisdom or even realization.

Actually, in spirituality, a persons wisdom is defined by their life.

In that case, then all the so called wisdom imparted by any Buddhist monks who are known pedophiles, is null and void. Further, they should not be allowed in this country to teach. There are several journalists who have investigated this egregious problem. You can't have it both ways Vajraji!

People can be free to quote him, but it's not going to make me see their point any better if the point they are using the quote to prove has been deemed erroneous by me, from within myself to begin with.

You would deny and criticize me for thinking independently and yet you allow that privilege for yourself.

Edited by ralis

I don't know what et all means. What I wrote was et al, which is Latin for et aliae which is gender neutral. I grouped you with other defenders of various Buddhist lineages given that you believe that no one outside your lineage has any wisdom or even realization.

I've said plenty of times there is wisdom everywhere, Buddhist or not.

In that case, then all the so called wisdom imparted by any Buddhist monks who are known pedophiles, is null and void. Further, they should not be allowed in this country to teach. There are several journalists who have investigated this egregious problem. You can't have it both ways Vajraji!

Huh? I agree with you.

You would deny and criticize me for thinking independently and yet you allow that privilege for yourself.

Oh whatever... you're so snappy.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

The more I read this thread the more I value and admire people who find they have a genuine connection to tradition and lineage and are able to practice positively in that way.

• Like 1

As I guessed, the analogy with Tea Party was totally correct. Since the Tea Party ascended to power, socially consevative government intrusions are up over 300%,...especially laws regulating public and private abortion, LGBT Rights, Union Rights, Freethinker Rights, new voter restrictions in more than 40 States, and a lessening of Freedom from Religion. Although the Tea Party fronts themselves as "small government", their actions show them to be anti-American obstructionists with a Christian Fascist agenda. Thus, I get the last LOL.

Ok, lol... except I don't affiliate myself with the Tea Party and am actually very socially liberal. I don't venture much into politics, but if I do I lean to the left.

And no,...."here and now" is not Buddhism. To be 'here' in the skandhas, is dependent on the illusion of a 'there'. There is no 'here' in the Now.

Here and now just means present to this very moment and not lost in thoughts...

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 1