Cat Pillar

Dream Trauma?

Why add extra words to something that was already laid out perfectly? :)

My interest has always been, first and foremost, on imminently practical things. I find the subjects of other universes, philosophy, morals, religion, thought experiments, and the like to be incredibly fascinating. But I'm finishing up my last year at university (provided I'm not suddenly stirred to continue my education), facing a royally screwed up economy, and pickings are slim enough as it is thanks to my poor life choices regarding a field of education (something I like, rather than something that the market demands).

So things like this:

Sounds incredibly enticing to someone in my position! Imagine if I could pull out the knowledge of an alternate "me", the "me" who is a master of medicine, or computers, or chemistry, and manifest it in the timeline that I am in now? Well then I could make it rich fast, get my affairs in order to ensure that I won't be disturbed, and then retire to my hermit lifestyle (with round the clock access to TTB's, of course :P) to ponder life and other universes without a care in the world.

Unfortunately, I do not presently possess the knowledge of how to do that. Imagine if I could bring in the knowledge from an alternate timeline "me" who DID know :P If you know, Taomeow, please let me know, I'd love to hear it! :)

I'm up for scary and rabbit hole trips. Maybe I don't know what I'm asking for. Maybe I'm lulled into a false sense of security, and that I know not what I wish for out of "boredom" with the "present".

I like to think that my capacity to handle scary things has gone up. I've had a few scary experiences here and there. Maybe as they increase in scariness I am training myself for the "big one", the finale rabbit hole plunge. Maybe nothing will happen until I go through a few more requisite scary experiences. As of now in this timeline, I dunno :P

Well, if you're going to try working on this as a pragmatic task, I applaud you... Sorry I can't give you an exact protocol, but I can offer a few pointers, FWIW... :) Here goes, in no particular order:

1. The kind of time travel you have in mind (which I personally never attempted, for reasons I will explain below) is, according to people who assert they have done it (Andy Basiago, e.g.), can't change your position in your current timeline without changing the timeline itself. So it's not as easy and reliable a way to get rich and famous as it might seem -- in fact, it's more labor-intensive than most ordinary ways. The more different the "you" of the different timeline from "you" of this one, the more the presence of the modified "you" in this timeline will change the timeline itself. E.g., if you become so rich as to bankrupt the Federal Reserve, you might come back to a timeline whose economy is being dismantled so brutally as to render your billions not worth the paper they're printed on -- and god only knows what else, famine, epidemics, Justin Bieber our new president, whatever. So if you want to stay in the same timeline, your best bet is to never leave it. Once you leave it, you change it. You can't come back to the one you came from.

So -- there's a timeline where you're master of medicine, computers, chemistry, etc., but you will come back to a timeline where you still don't have either the knowledge or the credentials, so what good does it do you? And if you don't want to come back, what is the you of a different timeline going to do about a double who has neither his knowledge nor his credentials? You better make sure you ask him... chances are he'll tell you "get your ass back home," only home won't be there anymore, because you're coming back to a timeline where Sloppy Zhang is a time traveler, and a time traveler humiliated by Sloppy Zhang the master of computer science, chemistry and medicine from another one, and no one seems to have gained much from it having been changed this way. Time is not easy to fool.

2. This does not mean that you can't "jump ship" and come to the timeline exactly of your liking -- say, just the same as the one you're from but with a rich and famous you replacing the current you without anything else having changed. This trick is most difficult to pull off because of what I call "the Law of Bifurcations." The Law

asserts that timelines are created by free will and in fact the only function of free will in the universe is to create timelines. (No one in the universe is interested whether decisions you or I make make us rich and famous or poor and obscure, but timelines we create every time we make a decision do matter -- they are the flowering of the tree of Time, its leaves and branches and petals, its perennial evergreen glory, its eternal spring.)

You can use your free will toward an outcome you envision, but you have to take all the correct steps at every bifurcated juncture leading toward such an outcome, or else you will deviate to a different timeline, the one where you don't make the choice leading to your chosen outcome. I wouldn't undertake something like this because of its staggering complexity. If you think it's a task you might want to take on, you will have to start by designing such a timeline theoretically at first. I for one can't get past the point where I would be having a totally different life while my children would have the same ones ('cause we're not changing the timeline in this scenario, remember?) I couldn't figure out how to pull this off -- or why. So, if you have anyone in the world you care about, you would have to figure out either a way to change things for the better for them too (which complicates the unchanged-timeline-but-with-the-changes-I've-chosen paradoxical task exponentially) or else a way to change everything for yourself alone while everybody you care about is unaffected by these. Very difficult -- much more difficult than improving your situation by scores of more mundane methods...

...to be continued...;)

Well, if you're going to try working on this as a pragmatic task, I applaud you... Sorry I can't give you an exact protocol, but I can offer a few pointers, FWIW... :) Here goes, in no particular order:

1. The kind of time travel you have in mind (which I personally never attempted, for reasons I will explain below) is, according to people who assert they have done it (Andy Basiago, e.g.), can't change your position in your current timeline without changing the timeline itself. So it's not as easy and reliable a way to get rich and famous as it might seem -- in fact, it's more labor-intensive than most ordinary ways. The more different the "you" of the different timeline from "you" of this one, the more the presence of the modified "you" in this timeline will change the timeline itself. E.g., if you become so rich as to bankrupt the Federal Reserve, you might come back to a timeline whose economy is being dismantled so brutally as to render your billions not worth the paper they're printed on -- and god only knows what else, famine, epidemics, Justin Bieber our new president, whatever. So if you want to stay in the same timeline, your best bet is to never leave it. Once you leave it, you change it. You can't come back to the one you came from.

So -- there's a timeline where you're master of medicine, computers, chemistry, etc., but you will come back to a timeline where you still don't have either the knowledge or the credentials, so what good does it do you? And if you don't want to come back, what is the you of a different timeline going to do about a double who has neither his knowledge nor his credentials? You better make sure you ask him... chances are he'll tell you "get your ass back home," only home won't be there anymore, because you're coming back to a timeline where Sloppy Zhang is a time traveler, and a time traveler humiliated by Sloppy Zhang the master of computer science, chemistry and medicine from another one, and no one seems to have gained much from it having been changed this way. Time is not easy to fool.

2. This does not mean that you can't "jump ship" and come to the timeline exactly of your liking -- say, just the same as the one you're from but with a rich and famous you replacing the current you without anything else having changed. This trick is most difficult to pull off because of what I call "the Law of Bifurcations." The Law

asserts that timelines are created by free will and in fact the only function of free will in the universe is to create timelines. (No one in the universe is interested whether decisions you or I make make us rich and famous or poor and obscure, but timelines we create every time we make a decision do matter -- they are the flowering of the tree of Time, its leaves and branches and petals, its perennial evergreen glory, its eternal spring.)

You can use your free will toward an outcome you envision, but you have to take all the correct steps at every bifurcated juncture leading toward such an outcome, or else you will deviate to a different timeline, the one where you don't make the choice leading to your chosen outcome. I wouldn't undertake something like this because of its staggering complexity. If you think it's a task you might want to take on, you will have to start by designing such a timeline theoretically at first. I for one can't get past the point where I would be having a totally different life while my children would have the same ones ('cause we're not changing the timeline in this scenario, remember?) I couldn't figure out how to pull this off -- or why. So, if you have anyone in the world you care about, you would have to figure out either a way to change things for the better for them too (which complicates the unchanged-timeline-but-with-the-changes-I've-chosen paradoxical task exponentially) or else a way to change everything for yourself alone while everybody you care about is unaffected by these. Very difficult -- much more difficult than improving your situation by scores of more mundane methods...

...to be continued...;)

Please do continue, this is awesome stuff! :)

Can dreams ..?

Dreams are huge in traditional western psychotherapy. Could be worth your while to search, find, work with a therapist. Deep material.

I don't have the hang of lucid dreaming yet, so it's a bit difficult to implement techniques based around it. But that does sound like something worth trying once I DO get the hang of it.

Hopefully I'll start getting somewhere once I'm out of my current apartment. That place is everything a cultivation environment shouldn't be. :P

You can analyze your dreams as some sort of journalling and observation of your ego, if you can't find lucidness. Then you can practice being lucid in waking life to change your believes and realities in subtle ways during waking life. But getting lots of lucid dreams, even if they only last a few seconds, can be very useful. It allows you to get familiar with the lucidness and understand what it really means.

To get lucid dreams, I recommend sleep in long periods like atleast 10 hours. The longer you sleep, the longer and more vivid your dreams become. Awakening for seconds or a minute is no problem, as long as you do not disturb the dreamingnprocess too often. The lucid dream is like a finishing touch of your sleeptime. It is so vivid and strong that it stimulates the mind to be more aware. Suddenly you recognize the illusions and change realities. I have not been able to understand why, but around after 11-12 hours of sleep I always become lucid naturally without any effort on my part. Perhaps its just how we're evolved.

However, I believe a good slave would never be allowed to sleep more then 8 hours in order to remain tired and dull. This way it will never cross his/her mind that he is dreaming. This way the master can control the reality of the slave trough stuff like commercials very easily. It is prone to accept and submit into fake realities when one is tired and deprived of sleep. You need to sleep in order to wake up.

Dreams are huge in traditional western psychotherapy. Could be worth your while to search, find, work with a therapist. Deep material.

Could be, that's an option I'll look into. Thanks for the suggestion!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything,

It would be lovely to be able to sleep for 10 hours...generally, I don't have that much time to allow for sleep. I'm lucky if I get 8, only five or six of which I actually sleep (again, if I'm lucky). Also, my sleeping hours are during the day because I work from 10 pm to 8 am, which is the primary reason it's so hard for me to sleep. (I'd find

I have noticed that I tend to remember dreams much more readily at the end of my sleep period. Especially if I wake up and go back to sleep, it's much easier to slip into a dream and remember it.

Perhaps it's time to dust off some of those lucidity practices and see if I can make use of that last period of sleep.

Please do continue, this is awesome stuff! :)

Thank you! :)

3. What I have come to believe is that if you are going to access a different timeline, it will let you know that you might... that you can, you should, you have a chance, you have a need, etc.. You will get some nudges from there.

E.g., I've been working on gaining access to a timeline which I initially started dimly recalling for the way it smells -- olfactory memory triggering jing-level memory, not personal and not genetic and not even DNA-level -- inclusive of these but spanning far, far beyond -- billions of years. Jing has access to that level, in fact most of it exists on that level. Jing and cosmic memory are synonymous interchangeable notions. So, OK, from either a different time (a past life or a future one) or a different timeline (a parallel one), I remember the way the steppe smells when set on fire. When wormwood burns, it smells of -- um, moxa. :) That's why burning moxa in this life, smelled for the first time, triggered that memory from a different one. Well, nothing would happen if I just noticed that "this smells familiar and tantalizingly so, beyond just the smell of burning moxa," but then I grab the spontaneous trigger and add the learned tools of cultivation. I add meditation. I add dream-consciousness access techniques. I add past life regression techinques (which can be used for parallel and future lives too). The trick, the difference between it working and it not really working, is to find the spontaneous personal "gateway." I suspect everybody has those but we aren't taught to notice, much less use them -- we are taught to ignore such things. Well, that's why the majority of the population does not time travel.:)

So, the discovery that the smell of burning moxa triggers a memory of a life where there's steppe wormwood on fire is mine alone -- no one else can discover THIS timeline using THIS method, or others I've gained some access to. You have your own to which no one else has access. Well, actually I don't know if that's true, maybe people move through timelines in clusters (Edgar Cayce asserted they do reincarnate in more or less simultaneous clusters -- families, nations, races -- because of collective karma shared by all members of a family, nation, race, etc.. -- species for that matter :lol:). But personally I have no access to someone else's jing-level memories, only my own (well, that's not exactly true either, but I can't explain in few words and don't want to spend many), and these are rare and precious. They are triggered by whatever "nudges" them and then they get somewhat expanded in a dream spontaneously following a trigger, and then it's up to me to put two and two together and start working on gaining more access.

So, e.g., the technique I suggested earlier -- "look at your feet in your dream's eye, see what you're wearing, watch where your feet are going" -- is something I used with moxa, and I saw boots of leather as soft as kid gloves, crimson in color and embossed with gold, and the word for the material was "safian." I knew I was someone wearing safian boots. That was the beginning of a beautiful "know thyself" journey that is still going on. I can't tell you more about that woman, but whatever she's doing with her life has no applications for my current one -- none. It's just great to know her for a part of me, is all. There's no way I can "use" her, or she, me. It's more like... if you see a magnificent landscape at dawn and it takes your breath away, it does something for you, to you, through you -- but you can't "use" it, you can just... well, experience it and be changed favorably for the experience. So, the best use I've found so far for timelines I can access is like that. It's a bit like finding your lost family... it makes you more complete, but a child separated from her family is not looking to "use" them once she's found them -- just to be herself, and "herself" means "part of my family." The flower of your timelines is your family in a sense -- the family of one who is also infinite. It's just cool to get to know some of its members, for its own sake.

That's pretty cool, Taomeow.

The trick, the difference between it working and it not really working, is to find the spontaneous personal "gateway." I suspect everybody has those but we aren't taught to notice, much less use them -- we are taught to ignore such things. Well, that's why the majority of the population does not time travel.:)

I think I've experienced those spontaneous triggers before, but I never thought to examine them in the light of different timelines.

The flower of your timelines is your family in a sense -- the family of one who is also infinite. It's just cool to get to know some of its members, for its own sake.

Beautiful. :)

Great stuff, Taomeow :)

I add dream-consciousness access techniques. I add past life regression techinques (which can be used for parallel and future lives too).

I don't know much about these two things. What kind of techniques are you talking about/would you recommend?

It's a bit like finding your lost family... it makes you more complete, but a child separated from her family is not looking to "use" them once she's found them -- just to be herself, and "herself" means "part of my family." The flower of your timelines is your family in a sense -- the family of one who is also infinite. It's just cool to get to know some of its members, for its own sake.

Sounds like you have positive family experiences :P

My family uses each other to get stuff :P