Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Six months of standing

Thanks Ian

I guess in relation to what you write there is only one thing to say:

To detach from mind and abide in the body I feel two sides of the same coin.

It feels more like I need to let the body "die" and let go than the mind.

When I do it, I get really scared, and feel like there is nowhere to hide. More like a fear of death. But that's probably just before the chi takes over.

Its easy to get stuck in following spontaneous reactions, and that's when this dimension easily slips away again.

Just some rambling thoughts.

PS. My boy is now in hard training to go a rampage westward.

h

congrats on the 6 months dude. i've tried and failed. kudos.

i've only managed 4 consecutive months before i had a hangover and didn't feel up to it. it all went downhill from there.

i would loosen up my knee joints and arms, then wuji position for about 15 minutes and try the hugging a tree for as long as possible. (... for those of you wondering, yes i followed Master Lam's Way of Energy book).

in the last week of my practise i was able to stand for 40-45 minutes in total.

in my standing meditations i used to shake a lot when the legs started to get tired (this was before i took up tai chi). becoming extremely yang was a big problem. heat would eminate from me, regardless of the weather i performed in. i usually stopped after the heat became far too uncomfortable and unbearable to carry on. sweating was a natural reaction of being so hot. had a reiki practioner have a go on me once and she was astounded by the heat transfering from me to her. it's something i'm working on :)

i've never had the egg sensation from doing standing meditations, but i have from silk reeling exercises native to chen style tai chi.

if you can hold the wuji for such a long period, it may be worth experimenting with other positions - have you given this any thought?

Sign in to follow this