Aaron

All Prophets are Buddhas or How We Decide Who is Enlightened!

I would term the ashram you were raised in a cult. The belief that Muktananda is the only being that can transmit the shaktipat is cult worship of a personality.

He didn't teach that, plenty of his believers thought that though. He even taught specifically that anyone with awakened kundalini will start transmitting it automatically. He even gave permission to many different students to do Shaktipat intensives and transmit kundalini awakening.

Because I am a curious type, I've read every single book published by SYDA, both currently published and previously published, as well as other books, rare books from India about Muktananda not published by SYDA that are prier to SYDA.

I am very well aware of what Muktananda taught over what many of his students say he taught. Including a lot of that crap in the leaving SYDA site.

I do think SYDA foundation itself can be quite cultish. Even Gurumayi has stated this, that the policies of SYDA are not governed by her and they at times try to control her as well. This is also why she doesn't give tours anymore, she has said that she has wanted a divorce from SYDA Foundation which became it's own animal, controlling the amount to charge for intensives, etc. It's not a public divorce, but she has pretty much just stopped moving as a kind of show of rebellion against the trustees and the SYDA president.

That means you see it outside of yourself and are dependent on someone else to give it to you. If that is the case, the dependency is always there.

Muktananda never taught that either, but human beings have their tendencies.

Muktananda taught, "Bow to yourself, worship your own self, god dwells within you, as you."

It is entirely possible that I have no need to hang around the Dzogchen community anymore. Perhaps I have evolved beyond that?

Not evidenced by your statements here on this board. But, whatever. You obviously think it's true. Have you asked Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche about this? Does he reflect your feeling? This is what's nice about having an enlightened teacher, it helps when we are fooling ourselves. Of course, you'll proudly say, "I don't need no stinkin' teacher to tell me if my feeling is right or wrong."

Which is true, to an extent, and not true to an extent as well. It really depends upon you. But, by your statements here... I can see that you do need some external mirror to help you see your inner reflection more clearly.

BTW, there are a number of people who don't speak well of Norbu's students. Most don't behave like mature adults around him. Instead, many are like needy children wanting attention by projecting parental needs onto him! I believe the problem is that most can't handle what is being transmitted. So they act out like the "terrible two's" stage of childhood development.

I agree, I've seen that. But, I don't judge them, nor do I focus on them at all. I've only met a few like that anyway and I just don't hang around them.

It was always clear to me from the beginning, that Norbu is not my mother or father. I have two parents that are still living and I have no need to project whatever was unfilled in that relationship onto someone else. If someone has difficulty defining their relationship with a teacher, and in this case parental projections, that problem belongs in family therapy and not in any other context.

I can see that. But, I find you very judgmental and projective as well. You assume to know, just as you project in me. What you don't like about me is probably what you can't accept about yourself, within a different, more personal context of course.

If one is having difficulty handling life, then don't expect living or dead masters to solve one's problems! :lol:

Solve? No, but help... yes. :) Otherwise, what's the point in multiplicity anyway if we are not all here to help and influence each other positively?

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 1

By the way, I left SY because of the theism and the traps that can occur in mystic theism concerning deifying a level of experience or deifying an exemplar as well.

I've seen many students of Muktananda and Gurumayi get too caught up in this idea that because it was blissful, it must be Gods will that "it" happen through them, concerning a students non-virtuous activity. Not in a way that either Gurumayi or Muktananda would personally support, but this I think is one of the pitfalls of a mystic theism's interpretation of spiritual experience. Which is one of the reasons why I think Buddhist philosophy due to it's attention to detail and transcendence of theism, is more of an enlightened philosophy than any form of mystic theism.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

It's based upon a solidified identity.

There's a difference between pride and confidence. As far as how I see the experience the word is pointing to anyway.

Oh. I thought it was just a good feeling.

Oh. I thought it was just a good feeling.

It's good to look past the surface of the causes of ones good feelings in my opinion in order to realize what they arise dependent upon.

That is if you wish to know the nature of yourself.

Yes, Mr. Authority figure. You're so right, I'm so lowly compared to you.

Here, I'll be the rug on your floor, how about that?

If you think that's the best use of your time, be my guest.

removed... Compassion does not exclude others beliefs and idea.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner