Sign in to follow this  
Non

Chen ViIlage

That yin yang sphere is awesome :)

Thanks Non and Dagon.

Normally, the Tai Chi movements are very slow which the muscles are relaxed. The movements shown in the video is called Tai Chi Qigong with muscle contraction during practice and deep breathing. You can see that compression was applied to the muscles. However, there is another stage before this is called Fast Tai Chi where the movements are a lot faster with less muscle contraction. It was for practicing the arms and legs with fast movements and accuracy.

PS...

There something is different about the Chen style Tai Chi. Next time when you watch this style, please notice there was a little twist added to the body movement. Only the Chen style does that.

Edited by ChiDragon

Thanks Non and Dagon.

Normally, the Tai Chi movements are very slow which the muscles are relaxed. The movements shown in the video is called Tai Chi Qigong with muscle contraction during practice and deep breathing. You can see that compression was applied to the muscles. However, there is another stage before this is called Fast Tai Chi where the movements are a lot faster with less muscle contraction. It was for practicing the arms and legs with fast movements and accuracy.

PS...

There something is different about the Chen style Tai Chi. Next time when you watch this style, please notice there was a little twist added to the body movement. Only the Chen style does that.

Um... this is not "tai chi qigong." It's Chen Laojia Erlu, aka Pao Chui -- Cannon Fist. It is the second of the two original Chen taiji forms. You may have to practice it to believe it, but it does not use "muscle contractions and deep breathing." It uses peng and fajin.:)

Well, please don't let the names fool you. If you know what Peng(掤) and Fajin(發勁) meant, you'll know what I mean. You must know how to breathe in order to Peng(掤) and Fajin(發勁). No matter what you want to call it; in general, it is a highest form of Qigong in Tai Chi. It was not for beginners for sure. Besides, if you don't contract your muscles, how will you hold the Cannon Fist....??? :)

Thank you for the lesson, grandmaster ChiDragon. From now on I'll do my best to not let what one of the Four Tigers of Chen has taught me fool me anymore.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this