Audiohealing

Fuzed sacral vertebrae

I had a routine checkup today and the doc had me do some scans because he says my sacral bone is fused with the upper vertebrae.

I have a bad case of lordosis but I have never had any pain. I'm suprised no one told me before.

Could this possibly be detrimental to my cultivation practice? From what I understand the sacral pump is extremely important and having it anatomically incorrect would be detrimental, no?

What should I do ? Or should I just not worry about it?

Hi,

I found out a while ago that my L5 is fused to the sacrum - which is prob the same with you. I had an Xray after I hurt my back and they told me this. They said it would reduce slightly my flexibilty in lower back but otherwise I may not have any probs. I have had sciatica which may be related ... I don't think it impacts on cultivation though ... and you're right the sacrum is important. Some stuff on here if you look around.

Cheers

A

Hm, yeah, tricky. I guess it would depend on what level of the physical you believe energy is impacted by.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that B.K. Frantzis refused when doctors wanted to do a spinal fusion on him after an accident, because after his training in Kundalini yoga he didn't want to mess up any of the spinal energetics. But he was, quite literally, an expert in healing, and even he went through a very long, painful process to heal himself up the old fashioned way.

But in another sense, cultivation is more than just energy work. And even then, there are some very, very subtle energies out there. I tend to shy away from belief structures that say "if you're spine is messed up, energy won't work" or "if you're missing an arm you're not going to get full energy". I mean... really... you want to cultivate and become one with the universal cosmic energy of light and love, and you're telling me an arm and a couple of vertebrae are going to screw you for life?

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has their own problems. If your cultivation is so weak that it hinged upon having everything in all the right ways (which hardly anybody does anyway), then you need some different cultivation.

Sounds like what is called sacralization of the lumbar vertebrae.

Involves usually only the 5th, often one side only.

It is harmless and if you have it you are no more likely to have any physical spine problems than anyone else.

Probably would not even be able to notice significant loss of motion.

In my opinion, this would have no detrimental effects on spinal energetics or cultivation in any way.

Why were XRays even taken?

Are you having any back pain?

I know a doctor out in the Chinese country side who routinely treats bone fusions and malformations, however he keeps his formula a secret. If anyone wants to go through the lengthy process of becoming his disciple and spending years winning over his trust, maybe you could get it out of him. Two components are vinegar and iron dust, the other herbs are a mystery to me.

That said, I'm a believer practice can accomplish anything herbs can and more. Perhaps with proper, long term practice this could be reversible. Certainly bones spurs are treatable with renewed stretching and circulation in the intracellular matrix. In terms of Chinese medicine, and thus the language of Daoist cultivation, bone fusion is a manifestation of cold. It's a very, very common condition these days in our sedentary culture. Any basic practice that restores heat to its root in the lower dantian will have an added effect of warming the spine.

Seems like the KAP / Umaatantra guys offer a good program for this, though I haven't attended it myself. A good TCM doctor who is experienced with the aconite/fuzi family of formulas would be another alternative (but in the wrong hands this herb is poisonous, don't play doctor with yourself, or run wild with my cursory diagnosis on this one).

SYD

• Like 1

I know a doctor out in the Chinese country side who routinely treats bone fusions and malformations, however he keeps his formula a secret. If anyone wants to go through the lengthy process of becoming his disciple and spending years winning over his trust, maybe you could get it out of him. Two components are vinegar and iron dust, the other herbs are a mystery to me.

That said, I'm a believer practice can accomplish anything herbs can and more. Perhaps with proper, long term practice this could be reversible. Certainly bones spurs are treatable with renewed stretching and circulation in the intracellular matrix. In terms of Chinese medicine, and thus the language of Daoist cultivation, bone fusion is a manifestation of cold. It's a very, very common condition these days in our sedentary culture. Any basic practice that restores heat to its root in the lower dantian will have an added effect of warming the spine.

Seems like the KAP / Umaatantra guys offer a good program for this, though I haven't attended it myself. A good TCM doctor who is experienced with the aconite/fuzi family of formulas would be another alternative (but in the wrong hands this herb is poisonous, don't play doctor with yourself, or run wild with my cursory diagnosis on this one).

SYD

May I ask if this particular Doctor use to reside in Taiwan?

Hi Audiohealing

I believe I used to have a fused sacrum, never had a scan but after starting KAP and a exercise programme and feeling the difference I realised my sacrum was stuck. After two weeks of daily belly breathing and basic circulation, along with practicing the 5 Tibetan Rites, Superbrain yoga squats, Dands & Beitahks, and whilst walking, placing awareness in lower back breathing out of tailbone & sacrum (I did this a LOT!), I had more lower back flexibility than ever previously. I never really had much sacral awareness prior to this, and it dramatically improved the way I walk and also gave me a lot more charisma & sexual energy.

Mantak Chia mentions many modern day folk have a fused sacrum & provides an exercise to open the sacrum which is a subtle humping motion generated from the sacral area as opposed to using the larger muscles to thrust. So he says it is possible too through practice....

I have a personal theory on why this occurs which is not particularly scientific just borne out of personal experience....I tend to be more fiery as opposed to watery and if this gets too out of balance I begin to develop stiffer bones and lower back is stiff again. I feel fused bones are due to a lack of fluids circulating in the area or a deficiency throughout the body caused either by an energetic imbalance (too much heat for example) or a nutritional deficiency.

I am not recommending you do this exactly as the exercises might be painful or detrimental to you but if you want to try at your own risk the exact formula is:

Belly breathing into LDT & Secret Smile about 20 mins each

5 Tibetan Rites & Super Brain Yoga squats twice a day

Dands & beithaks (careful with these done incorrectly they can cause damage)

Walking whilst grounding and breathing through tailbone and sacrum

I would also throw in the sacrum exercise or hip rotations for a few minutes after belly breathing for good measure

I also highly recommend KAP, but the basics that fixed the problem for me are all found through Google (or your search engine of choice).

All the best x