phore

Manly P.. Hall Lectures

Hello Tao Bums,

Lately i have been listening to Manly P Hall Lectures.

The lectures remind me of college lectures i have sat through. The volume of lectures is divided into different subjects. There is 10-12 hours of material reviewed in each subject. I have listened to alchemy, astro-theology and atlantian hypothesis so far. The lectures go very in depth and Hall seems to present a very balanced view of cultures and symbols.

Has anyone else had any experience with Halls literature.

Hello Tao Bums,

The lectures remind me of college lectures i have sat through. The volume of lectures is divided into different subjects. There is 10-12 hours of material reviewed in each subject. I have listened to alchemy, astro-theology and atlantian hypothesis so far. The lectures go very in depth and Hall seems to present a very balanced view of cultures and symbols.

Where are you hearing these lectures! I would love to listen to them. Maybe we could discuss them afterward?

Hello Tao Bums,

This is incredible! I haven't heard that name in years! He was the founder of the Philosophical Research Society on Los Feliz Blvd. in Los Angeles - I think it might have been by Western or Vermont, can't remember....

He used to sit up on the stage at PRS (I used to go to his lectures! I was maybe 21 or 22?) and he wouldn't so much speak as he would Channel! I realize this now! People were captivated with him, they wouldn't call it channeling at that time, but he would sit up there, Sunday afternoon week after week, an old man with beautiful white hair, dressed in a black suit, on a bare stage on a wooden chair. He would close his eyes. And he would channel. That's all it can be called.

His ideas absolutely planted a seed of captivation in my heart and it was the very beginning of my metaphysical quest. It was maybe 1969 or 1970. I think trying to divide his channelings into categories would be quite a challenge. And yet, there was something tremendously logical about him which appealed to me, the detective by nature and trade. Funnily, I was introduced to his channelings by another metaphysical detective that I happened to be partners with at Hollywood Division.

Manley Hall did organize his metaphysics into some degree of categorization, if I recall. I would be very interested in listening to his lectures again. Which particular series are you reading? Are they from a class he taught, or his channelings? Probably not all that much different one from the other, either.....he was about as close to the One as you could get.

Hello all the lectures i am listening are recorded in what sounds like a class. They have a slightly fuzzy sound texture but if you can look past that they are great sources of information. I believe that the lectures are public domain. If you want to find them you will have to Google "manly p hall lectures", and find a download link.

Hall seems to have collected a large body of knowledge and presented it as a coherent whole. I'm surprised he isn't more mainstream.

I would have loved to have experienced some of his lectures firsthand. Im sure it would be a mind-blowing experience.

Many blessings

Ill have to check these out also. I read his The Secret Teachings of All Ages

and have the companion to that marked on my amazon page...