Sign in to follow this  
JesusHeist

Quantum Meta-Physics

To me some of the most fascinating concepts are in quantum physics. Bell's Theorem of non-locality. Which basically reduces to: Any two particles once in contact continue to remain correlated with mathmatical precision regardless of how far apart in space they travel from each other. My favorite explanation of this phenomenon is the Hardware-Software metaphor. The hardware is local the software is non-local. It's what Jung referred to as the Collective Unconscience. The Big Mind rather than the Little Mind. Our brains are the local, the hardware. The software is non-local, it's everywhere at once.

Douglas Adams said "everything is interconnected, just some things are more interconnected than others."

Om.

what's even more interesting is that we are the instruments that are able to travel through this non-space.

In terms of the collective unconcious, or 'genetic memory' (circuit 7) it seems connected with our DNA (and jing/ bone marrow) and the heart centre (middle dan tien - not the hear chakra, or the organ itself)... Neimad was speaking of being able to connect with a part of his body behind the heart which brought abundant bliss... this is similar to when I connect to the middle dantien...

I can also meditate in it for a while and start getting impressions of 'past lives' (I dont always believe in 'past lives') or at least some kind of genetic memories and archetypal images... this is a clear jungian correlation (at least for me).

I love reading Robert Anton Wilson, Leary, John Lilly, Alan Watts and so on... but there is a problem I've found with them... it's all in the head! it's information! it's usefull, but it wont get you there, if you know what I mean. Like reading books about the beautiful mountainous lakes of Uzbekistan instead of getting a plane ticket there!

They propse that certain drugs are the tickets to such experiences... but again... I think it's more of really good experience of 'what it's like'... you dont 'own' the experience you cant connect to it at will, and the benefits of it are just the entertaining experience and then perhaps lots of great mental philosophy after... I think the Taoist practices are a more 'ecological' way of opening the doors to all your circuits and functioning on all the levels at once...

To me some of the most fascinating concepts are in quantum physics. Bell's Theorem of non-locality. Which basically reduces to: Any two particles once in contact continue to remain correlated with mathmatical precision regardless of how far apart in space they travel from each other. My favorite explanation of this phenomenon is the Hardware-Software metaphor. The hardware is local the software is non-local. It's what Jung referred to as the Collective Unconscience. The Big Mind rather than the Little Mind. Our brains are the local, the hardware. The software is non-local, it's everywhere at once.

Douglas Adams said "everything is interconnected, just some things are more interconnected than others."

Om.

yeah. cool insight... i can see the relevance on so many levels of interaction.

I love reading Robert Anton Wilson, Leary, John Lilly, Alan Watts and so on... but there is a problem I've found with them... it's all in the head! it's information! it's usefull, but it wont get you there, if you know what I mean. Like reading books about the beautiful mountainous lakes of Uzbekistan instead of getting a plane ticket there!

They propse that certain drugs are the tickets to such experiences... but again... I think it's more of really good experience of 'what it's like'... you dont 'own' the experience you cant connect to it at will, and the benefits of it are just the entertaining experience and then perhaps lots of great mental philosophy after... I think the Taoist practices are a more 'ecological' way of opening the doors to all your circuits and functioning on all the levels at once...

You are absolutely correct. It is all in the head. All of it. We create metaphors to cling to fleeting momentary impressions on our nervous system. I believe the lingering mental impressions left by book aren't any different than the ones left by trying to recreate the experience from having been there. I've read books of the Tibeten monastaries that have left more vivid post-experience impressions than the actual physical trip I made to Cozomel. Once the instance of any given experience has passed the only thing left is the intangible mental impressions. On some levels one nano-second ago is no 'closer' than a millenia ago. If you know what I mean.

Sign in to follow this