KCHooligan

Trying to find the dynamics of the bums.... a poll.

Reality check...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in immortality?

I notice a lot of talk that is not philosophical in nature, but religious. So I figured I'd poll and see what the community consists of.

To clarify the poll, I mean 'immortality' in an individual sense. As in, you (either body, mind, or both) can achieve, or someone can/has achieved, immortality.

I ask because this is different from my own concepts and I want to find a place with like-minded individuals. This is not to say I'm right or someone else is wrong, or that I haven't gotten a good deal of sound, depth-filled feedback and discussion from this site already. I have.

More just curiousity.

Edited by KCHooligan

Hehehe. Yes, there are a lot of religious folks here. And that's good. Or is it neither good or bad? Does it really matter if one believes in immortality? (Doesn't matter to me but it makes for neat conversations sometimes.)

To clarify, I mean immortality in an individual sense. As in, you (either body, mind, or both) can achieve, or someone can/has achieved, immortality.

I ask because this is different from my own concepts and I want to find a place with like-minded individuals. This is not to say I'm right or someone else is wrong, or that I haven't gotten a good deal of sound, depth-filled feedback and discussion from this site already. I have.

More just curiousity.

Edited by KCHooligan

Not to be too audacious, but I have a question. Why would you want to find a place full of like minded individuals? If such a place existed, the members would be constantly reinforcing each other with no means for expansion or conversation. :blink:

TaoisTheWay: Hey I think there's no such thing as immortality. Sounds like a grasping obsession with the body to me.

Revel: I agree

TaointheSand: Me too!

/end thread, times a million other threads.

Sounds invigorating, nay?

Not to be too audacious, but I have a question. Why would you want to find a place full of like minded individuals? If such a place existed, the members would be constantly reinforcing each other with no means for expansion or conversation. :blink:

Good point. I want to further my knowledge of Taoism in the vein of a way of life, not a way to extend life. I simply can't apply the lessons I read when they pertain to trying to achieve immortality since that is not my goals/convictions. Finding the Way is important to me, as I've made it a big part of my recovery from drugs.

Hopefully noone jumps to assumptions about this poll, as there is nothing malice or inferring a hidden agenda about it.

Li Ching-Yuen. That's my answer to that simple question.

I would say that Li Ching-Yuen either mastered longevity or while he was wandering out in the mountains searching for herbs....happened across a very old ginseng root and consumed it. This is just wild speculation on my part. I do also speculate that while out in the mountains He may have encountered Immortals.