ralis

Censorship On The Dependent Origination Thread

Moved to "Forum and Tech Support". That is what this area is for, please stop starting topics likes this in the Taoist discussion area.

FYI, GiH is suspended for 90 days for repeated, direct insults. Here was my message for him:

This is Sean. I'm suspending you for 90 days. If you come back and violate the no insult rule one more time you are banned permanently.

I think you're an interesting dude, I was enjoying our back and forth, but this is my forum, I choose how it is run, you know the rules, they are extraordinarily simple, and you are openly ignoring them. If you don't like the no insult policy, find another forum.

Ralis, I think you are under some misconceptions.

This is my forum, and it really is best to think of it as my home.

I am just one subjective human running a small privately owned Taoist-ish-esque online discussion forum to the best of my abilities.

As this site has grown I've invited other members to help me keep things in order and I entrust them to make decisions and also to make mistakes and learn from them.

We have loose guidelines and no constitution, as would seem fitting of Taoist types, and then I, in particular, reserve the right to break any and all of them whenever I see fit.

Ultimately, this forum is run by my subjective judgments. That is the reality of where you are.

The word "censorship" is grandiose in this context. Editing extreme profanity, direct insults, violence, etc. is the equivalent of painting over graffiti from our walls.

This is how the forum will continue to operate.

This is not a government and I believe your activism would be better served elsewhere. Sincerely. For example, how about instead of railing against tiny splinters on a tiny Taoist discussion forum, you brainstorm and implement specific, tangible plans of actions to evolve, oh I dunno, half of our US citizenry beyond violent, right wing extremism, religious fundamentalism, racism, sexism, and willing indoctrination from fear-based "news" propaganda. You strike me as someone with a lot of political passion.

Anyway, I do invite constructive criticism of moderation here. That is partly what the "Forum and Tech Support" area is for.

But consider that if you truly think I am a poor leader, and/or that I have chosen a poor leadership team here, and/or that the approach on this forum is somehow fundamentally flawed, it might be best to either find or start your own utopian discussion forum.

Best,

Sean

• Like 9

Is that 'v' for victory or is it the 'peace' sign?

could imply both. its also a very old symbol implying 'life' /origin

It's a tone too and a color

could imply both. its also a very old symbol implying 'life' /origin

It's a tone too and a color

You done good. Hehehe.