humbleone

Taoist Problem Solving Methods

it may have been intuition that brought humbleone to ttb to begin this thread.

taoism as proto-science. it could be looked at like that , except ancient taoist views stand the test of time better than what science has suggested . so many scientific breakthroughs offering evidence only confirms what the ancient sages had already told us.

@humbleone do you feel that you are as an individual existing in harmony?

There's actually a lot of evidence for the past-life phenomena. An overwhelming percentage of native shamanic traditions (IMO the closest thing to "pure spirituality" there is) seem to believe in it. Remember Taoism sprung directly (I would say it is a from of) from Chinese shamanic systems so I wouldn't go as far as divorcing it from spirituality.

Stating that the majority of shamanic traditions believed in reincarnation is too simplistic , the commonality amongst shamanic traditions was binary soul/shen doctrine. I'm well aware of the roots of Taoism.

it may have been intuition that brought humbleone to ttb to begin this thread.

I thank everyone for their comments. I am in the process of checking out all the suggestions offered.

taobums has opened up a new world for me that I didn't know existed.

Unfortunatly for a lay person like myself who starts to seek alternative forms of spirituality. Zen buddhism, Yoga, Indian based meditation (yogananda, transcedental meditation etc) is what we all look at first. Taoism is well camouflaged. I think most find their way to Taoism through their interest in martial arts.

New agers I believe have done a disservice to Taoism to keep it hidden from most. they cheapened the chi.

I have looked at Zen buddhism for a long time. Attended weekend residential retreats etc. Certainly among the educated elite, Zen and other forms of buddhism, vipassana meditation etc has taken hold. I must say after having looked at both, zen buddhism is a slow train to enlightment. Taoist have a leg up on most practices.

All the best.