manitou

I hate to get all Biblical, but....

I don't think the meek inheriting the earth is meant literally, rather it is talking about realising a state of non duality where you realise that you are not separate from the entire world therefore you realise the world is part of you therefore you inherit the whole world as yourself.

Interesting way to look at it. I think it could be done the way you suggest.

I also believe it could happen literally. On this thread JoeBlast, Zerostao,

and Tree Stump look at this straight forward.

People could spend alot of time researching ancient definitions, wondering which context it was used in, looking for the symbolic,allegorical, or hidden meanings.

Trying to speculate what Jesus was really trying to say or just look at it, that Jesus meant precisely what he said here.

Interesting way to look at it. I think it could be done the way you suggest.

I also believe it could happen literally. On this thread JoeBlast, Zerostao,

and Tree Stump look at this straight forward.

People could spend alot of time researching ancient definitions, wondering which context it was used in, looking for the symbolic,allegorical, or hidden meanings.

Trying to speculate what Jesus was really trying to say or just look at it, that Jesus meant precisely what he said here.

There are many who have come to believe 'As above, so below,' in a cosmic sense. My opinion is that it's happening on both levels simultaneously.

There are many who have come to believe 'As above, so below,' in a cosmic sense. My opinion is that it's happening on both levels simultaneously.

Cosmic sense makes good sense. :) Basically I agree with you.

Many people have dificulty understanding the value of meekness.

I fully agree here. There is nothing meek in a great master soul; no mistaking humility for meekness there.

But it doesn't seem to make sense to me that only the meek (aka, humble people) would inherit the earth. Doesn't seem like there'd be enough of them left to even find each other. It makes more sense to me that the original thought of the writer, whoever that was, was that the rulers would be displaced and the common man inherit the earth. I don't cotton to Christianity any more as a spiritual form, but prophesies are prophesies, regardless of where they come from. We all have the ability to tap into visions, once we get down deep enough. It just seems to me like the biblical writer was talking about a political condition, such as we have now; it makes sense to me that 1) this prophecy may be coming true, what with all the commotion around the world, and 2) for the first time in history we're all able to view it happening at the same time.

I think in all tomes we have to give a lot of leeway to the words because of the translation factor. Just look at how many ways the Tao can be translated. Would not the same thing happen with the bible from Sanskrit, if that were the original language of the writer? It's the fundamentalists that get themselves into trouble.

Manitou,

I think I understand your point as related to many recent and also past political events, and with such often being historically displayed in repetitive cycles of the rising and falling of relative justice and injustice of mankind upon himslf in a world (or earth) of his own making. Btw, the world as made or driven by man has been trying to sort itself out for "x" number of years but for various reasons has never really reached peace.

...Thus what if (and imo related to this string) we are not talking about a political world or "earth" that mankind has fashioned for himself, what if we are are talking about an Earth working by laws far deeper and purer than the political ambitions of men, or even the fairly common-man that often gets caught-up or carried along by such political forces? Who then is going to inherit/inhabit an Earth that is fully restored and empowered by spiritual laws that a political mankind can not really debate or decide about, ime only those of us able to fully attune to that day of beauty when a "new earth" will not have even one "unclean spirit", Being or thought that is able to walk in Her singing silver-green forests where purity is inviolate.

Om

I think I see what you're saying.

I concur with the idea of two separate realities occurring at the same time; different levels. One cosmic perhaps, the other physical. Almost like an Oahspe sort of arrangement, if you're familiar. (old metaphysical)

My guess is that there is simultaneous manifestation occurring on both levels.

I think I see what you're saying.

I concur with the idea of two separate realities occurring at the same time; different levels. One cosmic perhaps, the other physical. Almost like an Oahspe sort of arrangement, if you're familiar. (old metaphysical)

My guess is that there is simultaneous manifestation occurring on both levels.

I hadn't heard that term before and googled it. Anyway, maybe we could multiply two by an unknown number...

I think your idea above also applies to certain spiritual books that have a lot of things going on in between the lines. (at the same time)

I hadn't heard that term before and googled it. Anyway, maybe we could multiply two by an unknown number...

I think your idea above also applies to certain spiritual books that have a lot of things going on in between the lines. (at the same time)

Yes, how many realities are we talking about? Countless, no doubt. To refer to a 'separate reality' is a big oversimplification, for sure. I agree with you about spiritual books having things going on between the lines. This is the essense, is it not? The Tao that can be spoken of is not the true Tao.

The essence of Tao shows up in all tomes, I suspect; I'm not familiar with all of them, but I do have the suspicion that they all end up at the same place, if people go to the trouble of priming themselves for the delivery of the truths, via the inner work. The philosophy of Taoism seems to be the one that is capable of embracing all others; it eliminates nothing and welcoms all mindsets. Feet can land on the path and feel perfectly at home, regardless of where they've come from.