Sign in to follow this  
TheJourney

The nature of being

Ok, well had a little thought on being I thought I would share.

Ok, let's start off with something simple. Something cannot come from nothing. Ok. Well there is existence. What does that mean? Either being has always been, or it came into existence from something other than being. But what is other than being? Non-being. And non-being, by its very nature, does not exist. Therefore it cannot be the cause of being. Therefore, there must have always been.

Now, all things that come into existence based on certain conditions are impermanent. That means almost everything. Being is not one of those things, as it can have no cause. But basically all things that you can see are based on conditions and therefore impermanent. What is a cause of all things? Being. Being is the cause. If being is the cause, then it must be impermanent, for it has a cause and is therefore based on conditions. So all things are impermanent, minus being and the nature of it. But yet all things are, and therefore are "being," for nothing can be and yet not be. But yet being is permanent and things are impermanent. So how can being be permanent, but yet all things that are as a result of being are impermanent? You see the two natures of existence. First is permanence. Existence is permanent. Yet all things that existence makes up are impermanent. Therefore, being is permanent, yet the nature of that permanence is the impermanence of the things that makes it up. comprende?

dude, your flowing down the same stream of thought I was in a few years back. It was when i was using skills in kundalini reiki to begin gathering heaven and earth qi. How often do you meditate? :)

dude, your flowing down the same stream of thought I was in a few years back. It was when i was using skills in kundalini reiki to begin gathering heaven and earth qi. How often do you meditate? :)

Well I was meditating daily but since I've felt like I really understood I haven't been meditating much. I just haven't felt like it. I should more though!

And what do you mean by "using skills in kundalini reiki to begin gathering heaven and earth qi?"

Ok, well had a little thought on being I thought I would share.

Ok, let's start off with something simple. Something cannot come from nothing. Ok. Well there is existence. What does that mean? Either being has always been, or it came into existence from something other than being. But what is other than being? Non-being. And non-being, by its very nature, does not exist. Therefore it cannot be the cause of being. Therefore, there must have always been.

Now, all things that come into existence based on certain conditions are impermanent. That means almost everything. Being is not one of those things, as it can have no cause. But basically all things that you can see are based on conditions and therefore impermanent. What is a cause of all things? Being. Being is the cause.

Being is not separate from things. It is not a "cause." It only appears so to the conceptual mind that takes appearances of the mind to be actual things of themselves.

If being is the cause, then it must be impermanent, for it has a cause and is therefore based on conditions. So all things are impermanent, minus being and the nature of it. But yet all things are, and therefore are "being," for nothing can be and yet not be. But yet being is permanent and things are impermanent. So how can being be permanent, but yet all things that are as a result of being are impermanent? You see the two natures of existence. First is permanence. Existence is permanent. Yet all things that existence makes up are impermanent. Therefore, being is permanent, yet the nature of that permanence is the impermanence of the things that makes it up. comprende?

It's not that all things are impermanent. It's that appearances are empty and only imputed to be "things." One has to penetrate the wrong perspective of "thingness" of things.

One shouldn't think in concepts of permanence or impermanence, both are rejected in the Madhyamika. This is conceptual and splits experience into poles, hence the terms "ungraspable" and "emptiness" are used because of direct experience.

It's not two natures of existence. One has to do with appearance of things and the other the nature of things.

Your understandings are good, but too conceptual. It needs to be applied to directly.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Well I was meditating daily but since I've felt like I really understood I haven't been meditating much.

Who is it that meditates ?

Hi TheJourney,

I read your opening post and I will suggest that you should return to meditating and stop thinking so much.

(I don't agree with your opening post but that doesn't matter.)

I dunno man. I think you are trying to understand something that is unfathomable. Being and non being exist together. If you define being then you define non being. Things just are. If you search for an answer you can find an infinite amount of solutions. An undefined problem has an indefinite number of solutions

TheJourney really needs to study Mādhyamaka and Dzogchen. Every one of his threads can be answered with this knowledge.

Edited by alwayson
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this