strawdog65

The "awe" of Young Mind

Surely I am not the only person to be able to

remember the awe and mystery of my youth?

I'd just love to be able to remember my youth at all. I've never been able to.

I'd just love to be able to remember my youth at all. I've never been able to.

I'm sorry to hear that...I'm in the same boat..I remember a bit of this and that but that's it.

I didn't really get to have a childhood (sadly lots of people did not get theirs) and I think that is why I try and have a young mind. Why I play, why I am silly. SillyBee! I have this penchance for dancing around to music I hear in my head. Too bad other folks couldn't hear it...they just might dance too :lol:

I will say this- Taoism has helped me with a young mind. I am quite a bit more fearless than I was before.

Peace and Love <3

People try to inherit their fears to other people. It might seem like a contradiction, but they feel safer in an environment where other people share the same fears. Because otherwise they fear that other people will allow those feared things to grow stronger freely.

So when adults tell children to become mature, they want them to adapt the same fears.

Unfolding and cultivating the inner child, so to speak, can be very difficult in an unsupportive energy field. From personal experience, giving in to the childlike nature can amplify painful consequences.

This one is over the top. We have an old spaniel that is around 22 years old. She was on her way out about 6 months ago - lost control of her bladder, can't see through the cataracts, you get the picture. At the time she was dying, or so we thought - I placed a rubber sheet under her one night because I just 'knew that was the night'.

Next morning, she was still there. The next day we happened to bring home two adorable 6 week old puppies. They were crawling all over her - I felt terrible, tried to keep them away - but lo and behold the old girl got up from her deathbed and is raising these two! This was six months ago. You ought to see this old spaniel bounding up and down the basement stairs with these puppies. I think she's working on her second 20!

And that's what I call real help, which this world seems to be deficient of. A more usual kind of 'help' would be if you gave the dog a self-empowerment talk on how to get out of the misery by herself.

About childlike wonder: I think it has a lot to do with being surprised by experiencing new things; widening your intellectual horizon. In my understanding it's the same thing that humor uses for causing laughter.

Edited by Hardyg