Sign in to follow this  
Everything

The mysterious night sky.

I've been journalling interesting facts about my own behaviour lately. Have found some interesting facts that I have not been able to figure out.

One of the biggest question marks is right behind the facts of my creativity and high energy during the night. This is mysterious to me, because it has been so for almost 12 years. All the great insights I have, the great humor, creating art, all beauty and joy and huge discoveries. They are all originated from the night within my life, thus I came to see the night sky as something mysterious. If I simply follow these emotions and energies trough my body, and let it lead me where ever it wants to go, great miracles tend to happen. I do crazy things and everything works out perfectly. As if I become a magician, the energies or chemicals in my body are extremely powerful, they control me in a good way, tend to bring me alot of happiness. Then, when it is time to go to bed, I feel regret that tommorow will be another casual morning like always, and I find it hard to go to sleep. Some of those days I've stood up till 6 in the morning just to witness this miracle a little longer.

As I said, I've not been able to figure this out. Why only during the night? I've tried to excersize during days, wake up early, go to bed early. Try to keep my energy up high during the day and sleep tight and empty my mind and body totally at night... Nothing changes. My days are still as dull as allways. I would love to take these energies I have at night and bring them to my dayly life... I can't seem to do it. I don't really understand why I am like that in the night in the first place. All the joy, creativity, wonder during the day require extreme efforts and don't come naturally like it does at night for me.

I remember wondering at the night sky alot as a kid. Perhaps I've trained my brain to release chemicals during the night, because of this. I looked up, and felt safe, as if in the sky there was a heaven so perfect it was beyond my imaginations. So I started to imagine all kinds of heavens, I meditated on heavens in a way. Perhaps this is why I still today automaticly have those energies and motivation and happiness during the night. Similar to tumo meditators who automaticly have rise in body temperature simply by being in their meditative position, because they have meditated so often. That is one explanation. Perhaps you guys have a better one? Am I a vampire or wolf or something?

Am I a vampire or wolf or something?

I doubt it. (I don't believe in such things anyhow.)

However, perhaps your thoughts and actions are better at night because you are not interferred with by the daytime activities.

All I can say is to go with the flow. Maybe even do your important decision-making at night.

Hehe, don't get me wrong guys, I know exactly where the mythology of vampires comes from and what the symbol represents. It was ment as a joke. I'm not a wolf either.

It is not about the activities either, wether social, playtime, work, cooking, practice, fighting. Everything at night is so much more intense and more lucid, awake... Perhaps this is a hormone inbalance, who knows... Some people have already suggested that. I think I shall try and continue my daily excersizes and meditation to become more ideal during the day aswell. Let us form good habbits, hehe.

Many Chinese people I know stay up late into the night and sleep in late into the day. It simply means you like the night energy more, so roll with it. I think dawn energy is delicious but often miss it, and my chi kung teacher recommended from 2 to 4 AM as best sitting meditation time.

edit: when I was younger I was more a creature of the night, but I still like darkness very much. Like mountain trail walking and driving mountain highways with lights off on a full moon night ... and not so full moon nights.

Someone once asked me "what are you sneaking around in the dark for?" :)

Edited by Starjumper7

I would love to take these energies I have at night and bring them to my dayly life... I can't seem to do it. I don't really understand why I am like that in the night in the first place.

I imagine it is quite common, myself included. I've given up trying to understand it physiologically (in favor of intuition and discipline) but it surely involves, among other things, changes in brain chemistry that occur naturally due to length of wakefulness and biorhythms. In terms of effects, it is similar to some forms of meditation, where your spirit is naturally coherent and vibrant while your mind is relaxed, cognitive centers off yet energized and on stand-by.

The state surely involves your whole being. Insightful and inspirational into the nature of our Self, but not something I would try to cultivate for its own sake. It's not about the effect, but about the discipline our body is naturally attracted to that uncovers its vast potential. This is a fine distinction that makes a world of difference.

Sign in to follow this