z00se

Has taobums helped you?

There have been people, posts and premises here that have inspired me. Not everything, maybe not even most things, but there have been some great connections here. Being exposed to practices I'd otherwise have no idea about from Kap to Kunlun. Meeting interesting people, not only through type, but also some great late night sessions on Live Chat and even a fantastic road trip meeting a couple bums live in Sedona & Phoenix.

Being exposed to heavy duty Taoists from Ai Wei to Mak Ti Sin. Learning from the good, the bad and the ugly.

Lots of good stuff, some even great.

Michael

This allows me to find bits and pieces of info I might otherwise miss..

And they're vital for survival, aswell as progress.

From here I get to reach out for a hand, or give a hand to/from people across the planet, to put the pieces together.

Thanks Everybody ^_^

I enjoy my visits to TaoBums.

Yes, a great variety of concepts discussed here, some of which I have no interest but others do, and concepts that I have freat interest in and these are the ones I involve myself in.

If for no other reason, my discussions with others help me to question my own understandings. This is important, I think. Do we "really" believe what we think we believe? Only through critical thought can one determine this.

Oh, sure, there are many things said here that do not lead to further understanding of the Way of Tao. Even some things are said that lead one astray from the Way. But this too is useful because it allows us to determine what we are going to accept or discard.

Nothing is black or white but rather different shades of gray. Creation and destruction: just different aspect of the same process. (No, I have no idea why I said that.)

^^^ This, in my estimation, is one of the most important elements of personal growth (whether intellectual, spiritual, emotional or physical) and is one of the primary things (in conjunction with exposure to new avenues of exploration) that keeps me visiting TTB. The challenge for me is to let go of my ego as THAT is what generally leads me away from "the tao path of life" (and generally in the form of cerebral attachment...)

To answer the original question -- an unequivocal "yes."