Just want to point out that the student you reference also said (his words) that he got more out of one Stillness-Movement workshop than from 10 years of practice of the other systems and reading over 200 books on the subject of energy healing.

Right you are about the energy body.

First, let me point out a statement made previously on this thread which really says a lot:

Now I reference a blog post of mine:

The Importance of Energy Body Transformation/ Dan Tian Development for the Healer

My question then is, is it enough to just use "universal qi" if it just passes through the dan-tien first?

Or it's just best if you collect it let's say, in the beginning of the day. How long does it take to "digest" in the dan-tien?

My question then is, is it enough to just use "universal qi" if it just passes through the dan-tien first?

Or it's just best if you collect it let's say, in the beginning of the day. How long does it take to "digest" in the dan-tien?

Are you a healer seeking a practical answer or are you just seeking a theoretical answer?

I thought I addressed this in the article but perhaps not. You put awareness on dantian to start the process of raising the energy body vibrationals to the point of being able to actually manipulate these energies. It is not a matter of "passing though Dan Tian first" but a matter of being able to transmute the energetics.

edit add:

...Since I think a part of sick Qi that is absorbed from others can also invade us while getting a massage....

Yes, one should be careful who they get a massage or manipulation from. Best from Qigong practitioners that understand sick qi.

Just last night one of my students was telling me of a conversation this week with a doctor who used to do hands-on therapeutics but quit because they felt SO drained at the end of the day.

Edited by Ya Mu

yup, I found it. Very interesting...now I see how it connects with some of the things I've said bfore in the post.

hey non,

I'm trying to find this thread by Lin Aiwei but I can't seem to find it, do you think you could post a link for it? If anyone on else has found this I would be very interested in reading it.

Thankyou,

Ben

I use reiki all the time. On my self, on others, to bless food, and everyonce in a while i feel the need to go into my back yard and shoot a particularly large reiki bolt towards the neighboring city.

My experience is that harnesing universal energy is a practice that is almost a universal skill among adept energy practicioners. Whether you call it reiki or whatever.

Reiki is a great beginner practice for developing energy sensitivity, and when their qigong is sufficiently advanced it is a great healing practice.

It naturally integrates with qigong, shiatsu, acupuncture and really anything that could use a little extra juice.

reiki rescources to get you started:

http://xehupatl.com/

http://www.aetw.org/d_jrt.htm

I imagine the more "in the dark" or less aware you are the heavier the hammer you get hit with.

I'm not sure why you say that, but that doesn't match my experience.

I know certain people who are "energy sensitive" and are attuned to receiving reiki, tantric energies, etc. (Most of the people I know like this are women, although that may be due to my bias of getting energetically connected to women, rather than men). Those who have done the most internal work (rather than those who are "in the dark"), also seem to be the most sensitive to others' manipulation of Qi.

And then there are others (myself included) who are more prone to "send" rather than receive. I have "received", but it doesn't come as naturally (too strong an attachment to control?).

Sorry, you'd have to dig it out on your own, it's worth it.

Just too damn complicated... especially because last i looked he writes his name in Chinese...

I looked through all 82 of his posts here

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&mid=758&st=75

And didn't find it. U sure it was here? Do i have the wrong person? My curiosity is eating away at me :P

-Astral

I looked through all 82 of his posts here

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&mid=758&st=75

And didn't find it. U sure it was here? Do i have the wrong person? My curiosity is eating away at me :P

-Astral

you might need to be a little more clever with your search method. Sifu Lin has over 1,400 posts on this forum, not 82. ;)

you might want to look up my name in connection to reiki, because if i recall correctly, most of what he had to say took place in a discussion between he and i. and i think Vajrasattva (Santi) was a part of that discussion as well.

Sifu Lin is one of my favorite people that i've ever met in this forum, and i have the highest respect for him, but i didn't find his take on reiki to be particularly compelling. it wasn't very detailed or involved. it was a relatively small discussion.

you might need to be a little more clever with your search method. Sifu Lin has over 1,400 posts on this forum, not 82. ;)

you might want to look up my name in connection to reiki, because if i recall correctly, most of what he had to say took place in a discussion between he and i. and i think Vajrasattva (Santi) was a part of that discussion as well.

Sifu Lin is one of my favorite people that i've ever met in this forum, and i have the highest respect for him, but i didn't find his take on reiki to be particularly compelling. it wasn't very detailed or involved. it was a relatively small discussion.

Lin pretty much lays out his perspective on it in this thread:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/3871-reiki-tummo/

he may have posted a couple of other times, but this is pretty much the meat and potatoes of it, methinks. the whole thread is pretty good, actually. i think this was the thread that made me fall in love with SFJane. ;)

Thank you very much Hundun. I was actually considering taking an upcoming course in Reiki, however after reading Lin's posts I am gonna stay away from it. I was curious as to the dangers of Reiki and now I definitely will stick to qigong. Even though the class is Usui Reiki Ryoho which is "supposedly" as true to the original teachings of Dr.Usui as possible, I just don't want to mess with it.

Why do we become tired after a lot of physical contact? It is the sick qi?

Depends.

If you are a healer it may be because your skills at energy hygiene are lacking, or you are processing their karma through your body, or you are running your own personal energy instead of a universal, cosmic energy. It is difficult to become depleted/tired when you are the channel and not the source of the chi.

s

I did want to add...one of the ways you know you are flowing universal energy rather than your own is because you will feel energized rather than tired.

When Vajrasattva and I work in tandem we can work for hours with people on the table. We have people bring us food and drink and then we go right back to it. It can take a long time to fall asleep at bed time when it comes. For both of us, individually, it is the same way. I have gone for 5 hours working with people without a break.

Edited by ShaktiMama

I don't know what you people are talking about and all this stuff about being stuck in a chakra, crown or heart!?

Reiki works through and on the whole system and creates a powerful and calming field of positive energy which allows ones own physical system to do the inner healing both physically and emotionally.

Reiki masters are awesome!! They are merely facilitators. Of course the deeper your own inner healing the better of a channel you will be for any type of healing of any sort of system.

But, turning people away from getting Reiki atunement is just misguided!

I don't know what you people are talking about and all this stuff about being stuck in a chakra, crown or heart!?

Reiki works through and on the whole system and creates a powerful and calming field of positive energy which allows ones own physical system to do the inner healing both physically and emotionally.

Reiki masters are awesome!! They are merely facilitators. Of course the deeper your own inner healing the better of a channel you will be for any type of healing of any sort of system.

But, turning people away from getting Reiki atunement is just misguided!

I agree with this entrely. Reiki has all kinds of benefits.

Reiki energy is in nature very gentile and healing. Allowing it to flow through your body is a great experience that has all kinds of long run benefits.

I can see how neophytes might be weary of allowing a full-blown kundalini shaktipat to run through their chakras on a regular basis, but reiki energy should be about as stressful as a walk in the park, at a very chill pace.

It needs to be used in conjunction with qigong.

Reiki naturally raises energy and energy sensitivity. As this grows the attunements you recieved in the beginning have less meaning and you kind of go into a freeform healing state where you can channel lots of universal energy. Reiki is like a beginners tool that grows into an advanced skillset.

Edited by phore