Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy - Chapter 78

The Way Of Heaven Is To Benefit

Sincere words need not be showy;
Showy words are not necessarily sincere.

True words need not be fine-sounding;
Fine-sounding words are not necessarily true.

The Sage accumulates nothing;
Having used what he had for others,
He grows richer himself.
Having given what he had to others,
What he has is even greater.
Therefore,
The way of Heaven is to benefit and not cause any harm;
The way of men is to act on behalf of themselves.
The way of the Sage accomplishes,
But does not contend.

He Gives To Other People

The pure man’s soul goes through high mountains without hindrance and through a deep spring without getting wet, and he lives on low grounds without getting sick. His soul fills the whole Universe. He gives to other people, and has greater abundance.

Where Can I Find A Man Who Forgets About Words?

A bait is used to catch fish. When you have gotten the fish, you can forget about the bait. A rabbit trap is used to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, you can forget about the trap. Words are used to express meaning. When you understand the meaning, you can forget about the words. Where can I find a man who forgets about words to talk with him? For the learned is not necessarily wise, and the good talker is not necessarily clever.

There are some things that you can talk about, and some things that you appreciate with your heart. The more you talk, the further away you get from the meaning.

Edited by Marblehead

There are some things that you can talk about, and some things that you appreciate with your heart. The more you talk, the further away you get from the meaning.

A circular moon

the regular cries of geese

nothing left to say

(three things we love)

Edited by Mark Foote

I've always thought the most beautiful moment in a symphony was the moment at the very beginning when it is dead silent and the conductor has his baton raised. Unlimited potential abounds. To draw the first note is to place limitation on the potential.

I've always thought the most beautiful moment in a symphony was the moment at the very beginning when it is dead silent and the conductor has his baton raised. Unlimited potential abounds. To draw the first note is to place limitation on the potential.

I love that vision!!!!!