Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

Depends on Who's Looking

Can that which is acquired remain constantly in process - workable, adaptable? If it can, i think this will bring one close to the shores of wisdom, only if its not asserted, either to oneself or to others. Why is assertion a factor? Because we all have a different view of the horizon. The moment we assert any 'truth' it becomes a dead-end, and Truth has no business up dead-end streets nor dogmatic alleyways.

The very nature of Truth is liberation, freedom, emancipation - whenever someone tries to encapsulate it, or box it up neatly, or put it on a mantle, then by its very simple nature, without it having to resist in the slightest, Truth will remain elusive to the seeker. It can be a rather tricky situation... very often the act of seeking for Truth itself creates a parallel, deniable resistance to what it actually means to live in its presence.

This is my own transitional understanding anyway. Not yours, not nobody's... just my own.

Btw, please pardon the interruption. Bad TTB habit. (have to consider a Blastoic move soon i'd say) :lol:

Resonates with much of my own experience.

It's funny, but the last couple of years I've had to let go of a couple of beliefs that I thought were about truth. Figured they were not even facts. Stuff like "I am this body" "I am this identity", " I am me, ina sense" " what is true stands in relation to the perciever", even stuff like "I create my own reality" or "reality is what can be seen, felt, experienced, even measured in some objective way".

All that stuff is not real. They are just words. If you see closely, reality is neither out there nor inside.

In an ultimate sense, Nothing is real, and I am nothing. I am reality.

One fall day a couple of weeks ago, I walked across the big square infront of the Royal Castle in Oslo on my way home from work. I looked at the 18 year old guards in their uniforms, and thought about the passing of time as the bodies filling these uniforms were always new, always shifting. And then I looked at the castle, and saw its splendor, and how its been there before I was born, and then again, I thought about how it will some day be gone, and that the Norway will be gone. Then suddenly I felt this immediate clarity. I realized "this is indestructible, this always is, this never dies". And then I felt that this indestructability was looking through my eyes.

The experienced passed, or it was a glimpse, but you cannot fake truth. There it was. And looking is looking.

h

Agreed. I think it's funny, however, that scientists took so long to realize what many people have been saying forever and that they needed to invent a whole technical vocabulary as well as various mathematical systems in order to express this realization; and even then the Big Bang Theory is still inadequate to truly describe it all (IMO).

Yeah, but science operates according to different operating procedures than do philosophers. A scientist's work is a lot more time consuming and requires varifiability.

Western society tries to define existence; impossible, the Mystery cannot be placed in a box!

Agree. But there are some scientists in Western society who understand this. I think Carl Sagan was one of them. Too bad he had to die so soon.

Agreed. But even nothingness is all encompassing everything if you catch my drift!

Yeah. I spoke to the concept of nothingness just recently. Fun subject.

Nothingness = full potential.

Edited by Marblehead

MH,

RE :

Security...To clarify ,I feel there is no real security until we are able to embrace uncertanty.Any other security can be helpful ,but is stagnant and a trap.

-Imprisoment and slavery may sound nasty ,but are honest expression.As I feel that most of my life has been spend like a that guy you mention in prison.

Anyways nice talking to you .See you later alligator!

Yeah. I enjoyed the conversation. I understand what you are saying. You need to escape. But I have no suggestions as to how to do that. You may not even need to go anywhere.

I agree with what you said about security. The following statement might sound wierd but I feel I should say it: Once we realize that nothing matters (very long term) we no longer have to concern ourself with security. We just do what we need to do and accept the consequences fully.

One fall day a couple of weeks ago, I walked across the big square infront of the Royal Castle in Oslo on my way home from work. I looked at the 18 year old guards in their uniforms, and thought about the passing of time as the bodies filling these uniforms were always new, always shifting. And then I looked at the castle, and saw its splendor, and how its been there before I was born, and then again, I thought about how it will some day be gone, and that the Norway will be gone. Then suddenly I felt this immediate clarity. I realized "this is indestructible, this always is, this never dies". And then I felt that this indestructability was looking through my eyes.

The experienced passed, or it was a glimpse, but you cannot fake truth. There it was. And looking is looking.

h

Nice story Hagar,thanks for sharing.

Sign in to follow this