goonis38

Politically Correct BS

Surely you have watched speechs given by A. Hitler and the like?

Not much to much to analyze about while you and millions of others fight or run from being murdered.

Om

Often times our enemies or people we love to hate are our greatest teachers.

So imo it is not a matter of hate being allowed to exist, but cases of it being countered, or returned to the sender in ways that will hopefully bring about reason.

I agree mainly with the last part; this is the essence of true alchemy I think :).

I've come to believe that our speech patterns evolve over time, reflecting our changes of consciousness. My wife, who is 18 years younger than me, makes this clear. We were both shy as kids and spoke little. Then we began to speak up for ourselves and the word faucet got stuck open. This is followed by the ability to speak with precision and mastery. Then there comes a period of refinement and an ability to say more by speaking less. If you take Taoism and Buddhism seriously, you'll eventually value the ability to express compassion above all, and to practice the tenets of Right Speech, cultivating the willingness to abstain from any harsh speech at all, even if it may be true. I'm not there.

I'm constantly wondering why the hell I don't put my fucking keys in the keybowl and avoid the fucking shitstorm of looking for them every time I have to go out and deal with all those assholes on the Los Angeles freeways. Feels good now. Eventually, it may not be so deeply satisfying, and I'll be content with silence.

My post was more about people being thin-skinned and ready to run crying to the PC authorities rather than being about advocating more profanity laced or other non-desirable dialog. Of course we can always move towards a more higher, refined dialog but should not fall apart if someone uses less than refined text.

My post was more about people being thin-skinned and ready to run crying to the PC authorities rather than being about advocating more profanity laced or other non-desirable dialog. Of course we can always move towards a more higher, refined dialog but should not fall apart if someone uses less than refined text.

Yep. I've had my wrist slapped in here, only once, and it didn't fit the criteria of abusive language, imo. I guess that's a pretty good record, given that I've unloaded on people in here on more than one occasion (which is probably why it's time for me to leave and reflect).

Although I believe we should always make our speech courteous and polite, I believe all kinds of speech/views should be allowed to exist, even if it is filled with poison and hatred. At the end of the day it is only you who allows yourself to be hurt by words. Instead of opposing someones views, analyze their words and most importantly analyze yourself instead of taking someones verbal jab personally.

Beautiful said... Mel