Sign in to follow this  
christoff

Is it too late for me?

Guest paul walter

Guys, all this is gonna be really confusing for Christoff..lets try to create some agreeable order in our advice to him, he is having a really hard time.

Do we all agree on wuji standing (first position in the youtube series i posted the link for)?

Do we agree he needs to eat more?

Do we agree on some moderate exercise? if so what kind?

Do we agree about tcm tonics? if so what kind?

Do we agree he needs some faith in a higher power? Tao, God, universal mind, which he can connect to through thought and heart to give him strength and inspiration to carry on striving?

peace

Ed

Ok, I know you mean well, but being this sick means he needs to get from A-Z and do it thoroughly (I've been there and had lots to do with people seriously ill--mind/body). Christoff needs to find a responsible healer/practitioner who can get to the bottom of the whole thing. Best, Paul

Guest paul walter

Is it possible that he's just skinny? You know, normal, relatively healthy skinny person like many others?

Sometimes being different is not a disease. It all depends on how you feel.

christoff, do you feel sick? Did you go to the doctor because you were worried about being skinny? Or did you actually feel ill? This is important. If you feel ill, there may be a serious problem and you need to see a doctor again. I would advise a western doctor in addition to the eastern one, at least for a second opinion. If you don't feel ill, and it's just your weight, exercise! (within reason of course!)

Well he seems like he may have deficiences of nutrients, metabolism, spleen, liver etc therefore he's not taking in the food properly and wasting away. The depression seems to me to be the give-away on this. Could be 'anything' but of course it can be rectified given the correct diagnosis. It will just be painfully prolonged if it gets left and practitioners will make money out of him while he gets little/hopeless in return. Paul

Edited by paul walter

I once went to A TCM with a heavy case of the flu. He asked me "Do you like to eat?" I said "yes". "What do you like to eat?" I said "meat and salad and cheese and rice." He said "Great! Go home and have a really good delicious meal of meat and salad and cheese and rice. Do you like to drink?" I said "Yes, I like a good glass of red wine." He said, "And have a really good glass of red wine with your food."

I was so happy that I wasn't "really" sick and knowing from the good doctor that all I had to do was eat well that I got better very fast.

But of course he had pulled a fast one on me (thankfully in a "good" way).

IMO, part of feeling "sick" is the worrying. The not knowing "what you have" and the constructing of various theories to attempt to resolve the uncertainty of "what you have". Because the idea is, if you "know" "what you have" then you can do the right thing for "what you have".

As Taomeow mentioned on another thread, getting a doctor to figure out "what you have" involves them looking as far as - or if TCM or a good Western doc, further) than your symptoms (including what you tell them and don't tell them) and group the symptoms into things they recognize (or have been taught to recognize) as "diseases."

So that they can (in theory) do the "right thing" for what you "have". So they're also doing the construction work you've been attempting on yourself but from a perspective of no fear and "more" (better?) understanding.

Unfortunately the latter position of "more/better knowledge" taken by the doc (and the one you give them "as a doctor") can have a great deal of influence over how you then consider "what you have". And even what would be "the right thing" for "what you have".

So we could argue, which modality "Western" or "Eastern" has the better "constructions" and better "understanding" I guess. I know which one I'd pick :ninja:

I am not a doctor. But whatever you "have" there are probably some common "right things" things you can do to help yourself heal that don't depend on any doctor while you're looking for the right one to go see to help you. The usual boring, sleep well, reduce stress, eat well, exercise, adopt a perspective that you will heal stuff :):wub:

Thank you everyone for your kind replies.

I realised after reading, I have a lot of powerful healing potential, just needed to expressing my frustration this time. Will add some more soon to each of the person(s). Thanks

Sign in to follow this