Immortal

Secret Wu Dang Red Dragon Microcosmic Orbit

Thanks to a fellow bum for allowing me to be able to check out Winn's audio!

Is this the same method that Max (Kunlun) taught at some of his workshops? Unfortunately not in the one I attended... :)

It's not really the same thing (at least on the audio), although Winn also learned it from Max.

Here are some tidbits from your friendly neighborhood archivist:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/1493-wu-dang-orbit/

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/5601-twiddle-your-tan-tien/

There are at least 3 orbits max has taught: Red Dragon, Wudang spinning pearl, and an orbit between the heart and the hui yin.

The one thing about Red Dragon that has been mentioned here is that it goes in the reverse direction.

There is a general description (i.e. not practice instructions) of the Wudang method in the first of the above threads (make red and white pearl, spin pearl, circulate pearl). Speaking of joining red and white, the red and white drops figure prominently in Tibetan bodhichitta stuff, no? Mark Griffin teaches about joining the red and white drops in the heart.

And then in the second of the above threads, Santi and Cameron mention yet another orbit practice Max has taught which circulates energy between hui yin and the heart. Santi said it was Indonesian, and elsewhere called it the "Indochinese dragon circulation", perhaps leading to his confusing it with Red Dragon?

Edited by Creation
  • Like 1

Oh, nice! I didn't see those before.

Yes, it seems to me now that those 3 practices should be considered separate.

Edited by Scotty

I doubt this Red Dragon MCO can live up to all the hype. After all,what amazing things has michael winn ever displayed or developed for that matter ?

Winn's method is Wudang pearl. Kind of similar, but not the same as RD.

So even though michael winn calls it red dragon its really a different pearl method your saying ?

sourced from the following:

http://www.healingtaousa.com/pages/asheville/index.html

Michael Winn

Asheville Healing Tao Center

Oct. 16 - 17, 2010 (Sat/Sun): Asheville, N.C.

MEDICAL & SPIRITUAL QIGONG FUNDAMENTALS 1 & 2

with Michael Winn

Day 2: Guided Micro-Cosmic Orbit. This famous Tao meditation unifies all energy centers/chakras into a flowing whole. Process is made simple and physically tangible with the powerful "Open Qi (Chi) Flow in the Orbit" movement qigong. Chi transmission is given to help you open chi flow spiraling in an orbit around your torso.

Includes oral transmission of the powerful Wudang Mountain "Red Dragon" internal method of circulating the orbit.(NOT taught in standard Healing Tao curriculum). THIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL & EFFECTIVE ORBIT METHOD I'VE FOUND – during my 30 years search

Edited by TheTaoBum

At least what I heard on the audio was different in many ways from the version of RD that I was taught. About half of it is similar, the other half isn't. So, I consider it to be a different method.