Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

What causes sexual desire?

I had an unusual experience at work today. I am new at this job, and yesterday was my first real day. There is this girl who works there, and for some reason I felt a strong desire for her, which I could not understand. Again this happened today at work, and it made me really begin to wonder what was going on. Then I over heard her speaking to a co-worker that she was sexually frustated and thought about it all the time. So that confirmed my suspicion that she was horny. So needless to say feeling this energy of hers was quite distracting. So what I did was condence this energy (I assume it was her excess jing) at my dan tien. That resulted in me not feeling as frustrated, yet I knew that the energy was only stored and if I did not do something with it, that later it would begin to circulate in my MCO and cause me problems again. So I did reverse abdominal breathing, and unexpectedly I felt this orgasmic surge go up the right side of my neck and cause my third eye to pulsate. I read Drew describing something similar I think, and was thinking to myself "holy crap this is like what Drew was talking about". After that I didn't have the problem of wanting her anymore, plus I felt quite nice. :)

So what was the deal, was she like exploding with jing or something? She even admitted to always thinking about it, plus when your around her you definately feel it, so whats up with that?? Does that have something to do with females wanting men's chi, and men wanting female's jing? Was the relief I felt due to me converting her jing into chi? I got so many questions about what happened?

I had an unusual experience at work today. I am new at this job, and yesterday was my first real day. There is this girl who works there, and for some reason I felt a strong desire for her, which I could not understand. Again this happened today at work, and it made me really begin to wonder what was going on. Then I over heard her speaking to a co-worker that she was sexually frustated and thought about it all the time. So that confirmed my suspicion that she was horny. So needless to say feeling this energy of hers was quite distracting. So what I did was condence this energy (I assume it was her excess jing) at my dan tien. That resulted in me not feeling as frustrated, yet I knew that the energy was only stored and if I did not do something with it, that later it would begin to circulate in my MCO and cause me problems again. So I did reverse abdominal breathing, and unexpectedly I felt this orgasmic surge go up the right side of my neck and cause my third eye to pulsate. I read Drew describing something similar I think, and was thinking to myself "holy crap this is like what Drew was talking about". After that I didn't have the problem of wanting her anymore, plus I felt quite nice. :)

So what was the deal, was she like exploding with jing or something? She even admitted to always thinking about it, plus when your around her you definately feel it, so whats up with that?? Does that have something to do with females wanting men's chi, and men wanting female's jing? Was the relief I felt due to me converting her jing into chi? I got so many questions about what happened?

Yeah it could've been what Drew has described.. Or it could have been your own projection with your expectations manifesting. No one can tell. But NEVER MIND keep cultivating. :)

edit: Sure one can feel other people's energy, and sexual energy can be very strong with certain people. It doesn't necessarily mean they have strong Jing, it could be a sign of imbalance, their mind concentrating too hard in the sexual.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

I think that on the most primal level our sexual desire is our spiritual desire for the sense of union, completion and connection with the seeming "other" for the sake of inner fulfillment. I think the act of sex is the most frictional portrayal of our innate desire for the union of polarities.

Which is why when we feel deeply complete within, the desire for sex transforms through inner satisfaction of that outward turning energy, or gets highly spiritualized. Even if we are to act upon the externalized desire we more deeply realize it's inner meaning on a spiritual dimension.

HI there everyone,

I can only speak for my self of course. But I am all about "charisma"... There is just something about seeing a person across the room, and just knowing. It has always been that way for me, and it usually last for years. Well the inside sends off an energy... And it seems to send a signal to just the right person, if your lucky. Now if you get that kind of energy going, there is nothing better... that is way beyond regular every day sex. Why wast your time, and energy, on it... Melanie

Guest paul walter

. Bach was known to be quite sexually active. If I remember right he had something like 22 wives :blink:

:lol: Well he was prolific--but not THAT prolific :lol: . He had 22 kids (half of who died in early childhood) and TWO wives. But, yeah, he did like to fiddle :P

I think that on the most primal level our sexual desire is our spiritual desire for the sense of union, completion and connection with the seeming "other" for the sake of inner fulfillment. I think the act of sex is the most frictional portrayal of our innate desire for the union of polarities.

Which is why when we feel deeply complete within, the desire for sex transforms through inner satisfaction of that outward turning energy, or gets highly spiritualized. Even if we are to act upon the externalized desire we more deeply realize it's inner meaning on a spiritual dimension.

Interesting that you should put it that way, as I was pondering along those lines as well after that experience. I asked myself what is it that we are really seeking, and what I came up with was that sense of union, and connection with the "other" that you mentioned.

After that I began to ponder how love and sex are related, and distinct, and how the two can become confused with eachother. I think that love of more of an emotional desire to connect with someone, or even more deeply with ourselves. Sex on the other hand is also a desire to connect, but at a different level, more on the level of sensation and passion. So it would seem that love is more yin and sex is more yang, and explain why men focus more on sex in general, and women on emotions, generally speaking.

It also caused me to ponder one other thing. I have friends who have their relationship issues. Many of them are very needy/clingy, and constantly have problems with relationships and with themeselves (though most of them don't seem to realize they have problems with themselves). And I began to ponder how much relationship issues are actually due to an imbalance with in. When a person is really clingy, and hoping to find the person that will complete them (we all know friends like that) what it would seem they are actually doing is trying to have another person balance an imbalance that is inside them. But due to the imbalance their relationships are not usually healthy, or last very long, and so the cycle perpetuates itself.

So I think the real answer is to not find the right person to make me happy, but to bring balance within the self. If we are constantly obsessed with sex, then find out why and find balance with in. If we seem to be searching for love in all the wrong places then perhaps we need to connect to what love truely is with in ourselves.

If we seem to be searching for love in all the wrong places then perhaps we need to connect to what love truely is with in ourselves.

Excellent insight. This is what drove me to want to be alone and work on myself for 5 years during the 90's.

I used to sing that song to myself, "Looking for love in all the wrong places", over and over again like a mantra every-time my mind wanted to try to find fulfillment from without instead of from within.

Sign in to follow this