That Guy

Meow Meow

Guest paul walter

Hi Paul,

My main purpose here is to share the wisdom I have gained in life from personal experiences with others.

Book learning is one thing. Illusions and delusions are another thing.

To be addicted to anything, including a belief system is fatal. Addiction removes nearly all possibilities for flexibility.

I have never professed to know everything. In fact, anyone here can look at where my posts are and the greatest majority by far are concerned with Taoist Philosophy and living in the 'real' world.

I have knowledge and some wisdom in these areas therefore I share what I have.

And in these two areas I will always present an alternative view if I feel someone is presenting false or misleading information.

So I would suggest that you concern yourself with yourself and stop worrying about me because I am, in fact, absolutely no concern for you.

But I assure you, if you post incorrect or misleading information in any of the threads I have interset in I will surely present an alternative view.

So, yes, I am retired. But I stay very busy because I hasve many hobbies and one of them happen to be talking about Taoist Philosophy.

And BTW - arrogance is arrogance - it has nothing to do with wisdom. In fact, I suggest that the two are opposites.

And yes, there are a number of members here who I enjoy having conversations with. Do you feel you have the right to tell me whether or not I can come here on this forum and with whom I can converse with?

And another BTW: I practice what I preach. I am not a hypocrite.

And one of my preaching in life is to stay active in life. Both physically and mentally.

And on a personal note: You shouldn't get so upset when someone disasgrees with you. That is a perfect sign that you think you know everything. Maybe you do. I don't know. I try to not judge others when I have little or no facts to base my judgements on.

Both of the videos in this thread contained enough information for me to make a judgement. It was my personal judgement. I never suggested that everyone should judge it exactly as I did.

So you go ahead and do what you enjoy doing here on this forum and I assure you that I will continue to do the same.

Peace & Love!

I'm very sure you will go ahead and do what you "enjoy" here, not compatible with wisdom though, or even intelligence as you define it. I didn't think we'd get on for very long. Nice try at being the wise, even-handed man. I'll give you full marks for that at least :P:rolleyes:

Edited by paul walter

I'm very sure you will go ahead and do what you "enjoy" here, not compatible with wisdom though, or even intelligence as you define it. Nice try at being the wise, even-handed man. I'll give you full marks for that at least :P:rolleyes:

What a shame that you had to resort to personal denigration instead of speaking to the subject.

So you go ahead and insult people who disagree with you as if you are the one and only all-knowing person on this forum.

BTW I do not try to be wise. It is my true nature. From your last two posts I wonder about your true nature.

Peace & Love!

Edit to add: You cannot win this if you get personal on me. It only shows your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Edited by Marblehead

Guest paul walter

What a shame that you had to resort to personal denigration instead of speaking to the subject.

So you go ahead and insult people who disagree with you as if you are the one and only all-knowing person on this forum.

BTW I do not try to be wise. It is my true nature. From your last two posts I wonder about your true nature.

Peace & Love!

Edit to add: You cannot win this if you get personal on me. It only shows your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Oh, Lordy! :lol: There's only one "subject" I've been able to see --your ego parading as not-ego, so....we'll agree to disagree on all this , ok? I win, bye :lol:

Oh, Lordy! :lol: There's only one "subject" I've been able to see --your ego parading as not-ego, so....we'll agree to disagree on all this , ok? I win, bye :lol:

You are so funny Paul. Hehehe.

Okay, you win. But you have won nothing. How does that feel?

Don't you go start talking about ego lest I go highlight some of your recent posts in other threads.

You be well and take care. Try to not get emotionally involved in these discussions. Nearly everything said here is little more than personal opinions and you know what they say about opinions, everyone has one.

Peace & Love!

Guest paul walter

You are so funny Paul. Hehehe.

Okay, you win. But you have won nothing. How does that feel?

Don't you go start talking about ego lest I go highlight some of your recent posts in other threads.

You be well and take care. Try to not get emotionally involved in these discussions. Nearly everything said here is little more than personal opinions and you know what they say about opinions, everyone has one.

Peace & Love!

It feels bad, like the empty hole of victory that pierces my heart that it is. Is that a sentence? :lol:

Like I said before-wisdom can be mistaken for arrogance (and vice versa), especially on the net. Now that you've created me in your image we'll call it quits since I got a date with the tao tonight . Signed, Laughin' Paul.

It feels bad, like the empty hole of victory that pierces my heart that it is. Is that a sentence? :lol:

Like I said before-wisdom can be mistaken for arrogance (and vice versa), especially on the net. Now that you've created me in your image we'll call it quits since I got a date with the tao tonight . Signed, Laughin' Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the laughter. Hehehe.

Doesn't matter if it is a proper, complete sentence. I got the meaning - that's all that matters.

Yes, even Chuang Tzu commented somewhere that wisdom can sometimes appear as arrogance. I guess it all boils down to intention.

So I will leave this thread alone for a while just in case there are others who wish to continue the discussion of the opening post.

Have a great day and take good care of your Self.

Peace & Love!

Guest paul walter

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the laughter. Hehehe.

Doesn't matter if it is a proper, complete sentence. I got the meaning - that's all that matters.

Yes, even Chuang Tzu commented somewhere that wisdom can sometimes appear as arrogance. I guess it all boils down to intention.

So I will leave this thread alone for a while just in case there are others who wish to continue the discussion of the opening post.

Have a great day and take good care of your Self.

Peace & Love!

Ok, Thanks Marble, same to you. Paul

Edited by paul walter