Gerard

I Ching consultation

I just consulted the IC in here:

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/free_I_Ching_reading/indexF.html

I selected the default translation (Hilary Barret's) and the answer was this:

1. Primary Hexagram: Hexagram 12: Blocked

59187303.gif

Key Questions

What work can you do when nothing is working?

Who are you when no-one is noticing?

Oracle:

Blocking it, non-people.

Noble ones constancy bears no fruit.

Great goes, small comes.

2. Related Hexagram: Hexagram 16, Enthusiasm

22759008.gif

Key Questions

What do you imagine?

What inspires you?

How can you use your enthusiasm constructively?

Oracle:

Enthusiasm.

Fruitful to set up feudal lords and mobilize the armies.

Unfortunately when it comes to IC readings I am a total noob. Any ideas of what all of this means?

Ah! and by the way: the question was about overseas holiday next October (nothing long, just a week).

Thanks in advance.

Hello DC,

With this particular reading, check your gut for any connection between your question and the reading itself - a different translation may also give you a different angle to look at the question (I like the Wilhelm/Baynes) - since this is pure intuition, the phrasing sometimes acts as a trigger for your answer - also, check the changing lines for additional info, this is left out on the clarity site when looking at the Barrett translation - primary hexagram in this reading seems to imply rethinking things, although this is just a snapshot of the current conditions, you may want to recheck later as you get closer to the deadline for getting a ticket, things are constantly in flux.

Cheers,

R

Edited by rsalazar

DC,

you got two changing lines in the primary hexagram, and they are a direct answer to your question, while the rest paints the landscape against which they are activated. They are indicative of some initial difficulties with your plan followed by success if you handle the obstruction "firmly and correctly." The Eranos I Ching offers "obstruction," then "its extinction!" in the fifth line, and "before obstruction, afterward joy" in the sixth. These are the projected "most likely" dynamics of your plan.

Also, looking at the rulers of the primary hexagram, the 2nd and 5th lines, we notice that they are in their proper places, the yin line in the yin place and the yang line in the yang place. This is not inauspicious but it is a static (blocked, obstructed) situation (yin below, yang above, business as usual). Luckily, the change introduces movement in the 5th line, so obstruction will dissolve. Overall meaning: if the rest of the world holds up, enjoy your vacation!:)

Thanks for your replies. I really apreciate it :)

But the trip has been cancelled. It wasn't very auspicious for some reason.

Thanks for your replies. I really apreciate it :)

But the trip has been cancelled. It wasn't very auspicious for some reason.

Oh, so now I understand why "its extinction, its extinction!" was given with an exclamation mark, twice, and why this particular term was used (instead of the more typical or expected "elimination," "removal" or "dissolution" of obstruction.) To cancel a trip that involves an obstruction is the only way to "extinction" of same -- no one's path is obstructed by a dinosaur!:lol:

This is the interplay of free will and destiny the I Ching knows everything about -- it's always interesting to look at a reading post factum, an "aha" invariably follows.

Guest allan

dc,

There were two ways of looking at the prognostication done through a computer programme:

One was that the Yi did not speak.

The other was that you are outside the situation represented by the top line.

Regards,

Oh, so now I understand why "its extinction, its extinction!" was given with an exclamation mark, twice, and why this particular term was used (instead of the more typical or expected "elimination," "removal" or "dissolution" of obstruction.) To cancel a trip that involves an obstruction is the only way to "extinction" of same -- no one's path is obstructed by a dinosaur!:lol:

This is the interplay of free will and destiny the I Ching knows everything about -- it's always interesting to look at a reading post factum, an "aha" invariably follows.

:)

I smile because I have no idea what you are talking about. I always get lost with I Ching's riddles. It is so Chinese :) In that regard I am more of a Buddhist: straight to the point and no frills.

Anyway, you are saying that the trip was meant to be cancelled?

allan,

Honestly, care to use easier words? :blink:

:)

I smile because I have no idea what you are talking about. I always get lost with I Ching's riddles. It is so Chinese :) In that regard I am more of a Buddhist: straight to the point and no frills.

Um... what about zen buddhist koans?;)

The I Ching deals with phenomena of space and time. These are neither linear nor straight. The I Ching mirrirs Reality in all its complexity. However, complexity, to a taoist, arises from simplicity -- "the way of Heaven is easy and the way of the Earth is simple," as Ta Chuan, The Great Treatise on the Changes, opens its elucidations. So in order to understand what is happening on the level of complexity, i.e. in a current situation predicated on the whole history of the universe, both actual and projected into the future, an I Ching diviner must understand which basic simple steps have come together to lead to this point. This is usually doable if you start from the very basics and move on step by step. If you don't, the I Ching is incomprehensible. I mean generic "you," not you personally.:)

Anyway, you are saying that the trip was meant to be cancelled?

It's crystal clear in hind sight, of course, but the original reading merely suggested that there will be obstacles to its actualization, which will disappear if your behaivor is correct. To cancel the trip, causing all these obstacles to "go extinct," as in a phenomenon that is no longer there at all rather than one fraught with difficulties, is one possible resolution of the situation. However, now that ONE prong of a fork in the road (or rather, in the events horizon) has been taken, one possibility actualized (that's what you did with your free will), the other possible developments stemming from that fork fade into the virtual domain of possibilities where they are indistinguishable from non-happenings, like all potentials not realized. (I could spill my coffee on my keyboard right now and all possibilities of finishing this message would disappear into that realim. I don't take this road. I handle my cup carefully. So the possible/potential configuration of space-time where my keyboard stops functioning right now fade into nonexistence.)

The I Ching usually supplies such a fork by way of an answer: take this prong and this is the likely outcome, take that one and some other outcome is to be expected. Then you, personally, decide how to act based on this projection. That's what I meant by "interplay of destiny and free will."