buscon

Brainwave entrainment for muscle recover

Hi all,

in the last months I've added to my normal kung fu training a lot of body conditioning, especially with dumbbells.

My kung fu teacher is following me in this extra training, that I usually do at home, in my room.

When I do the workout (3 times a week) I listen to a piece of deltha waves, that should help the muscle recovery and healing. I actually feel really well with it, better than music: with the music I get power but I end up too excited (too much adrenaline, maybe because it's techno music :P), with the deltha stuff I've got the necessary power but I'm more balanced.

Now, my question. I spend most of the day sitted in front of a computer while working, or reading books and studying: do you think I could take advantage of deltha waves even during these activities ? or is it better to listen to some alpha waves, in order to be more concentrated on what I'm doing and leave the deltha just for relaxing and training ?

Be well

This is an interesting subject for me but I lack the knowledge to say anything. I hope you get some responses as I would be interested in them as well.

Peace & Love!

I did some hemisync (brainwave sync) years ago.

I helps your brain to enter a certain state of operation. One theory is that doing things that require or induce another state would probably go against each other. On the other hand, you can, for example, read a book in different states of awareness.

In my school times, I learned for a test while listening to hemisync frequencies and I remembered some things almost word for word for a few days afterwards, unlike other times.

I used 6 Hz for a while. You can use "Cool Edit" to create noise and add the frequencies, or add them to music.

When I lie down, I can doze or just relax, not thinking about anything. When I do this listening to 6 Hz, the result is clearly different. I get quite lively imagery in my head. It is like the process of dreaming that clears your head and refreshes your mind, but the real dream state in sleep is supposed to be a lower frequency. 6 Hz is more for creativity and those things. (There should be info in the help file of Cool Edit.) So when lying down and listening to 6 Hz (brown noise), after some time the hemisync frequency part remained and the noise faded out a great degree, and the mentioned imagery started. In this state - if I don't go too deep - I usually can still react to outer influences, like when somebody talks to me, I can answer, but after the session I feel very refreshed. It actually seemed to have cleaned up my short-term memory.

Edited by Hardyg

Now, my question. I spend most of the day sitted in front of a computer while working, or reading books and studying: do you think I could take advantage of deltha waves even during these activities ? or is it better to listen to some alpha waves, in order to be more concentrated on what I'm doing and leave the deltha just for relaxing and training ?

Be well

A delta session just after studying helps consolidate the information to memory. listening to beta sessions during work or studying helps intensify focus. SMR or low beta/high alpha is useful for relaxed concentration. Asymmetrical session which send beta to the left hemisphere and SMR to the right have been found to sharpen focus for complex tasks. Listening to recorded material while in a theta state makes it easier to commit to memory.

Hope this helps

Guest paul walter

Hi all,

in the last months I've added to my normal kung fu training a lot of body conditioning, especially with dumbbells.

My kung fu teacher is following me in this extra training, that I usually do at home, in my room.

When I do the workout (3 times a week) I listen to a piece of deltha waves, that should help the muscle recovery and healing. I actually feel really well with it, better than music: with the music I get power but I end up too excited (too much adrenaline, maybe because it's techno music :P), with the deltha stuff I've got the necessary power but I'm more balanced.

Be well

Scientists did a study of muscle development using meditators (who simply meditated on building muscle) and people who went to the gym to build. They were surprised to find significant development in those who sat around doing 'nothing'. Paul

I have used something called Xphirience, which does not have any brainwave entrainment per se like Binaural or Isochronic entrainment, but is supposed to encode the golden mean. Very conducive to meditation and relaxes you much faster than Autogenic ways or PMR.

A delta session just after studying helps consolidate the information to memory. listening to beta sessions during work or studying helps intensify focus. SMR or low beta/high alpha is useful for relaxed concentration. Asymmetrical session which send beta to the left hemisphere and SMR to the right have been found to sharpen focus for complex tasks. Listening to recorded material while in a theta state makes it easier to commit to memory.

Hope this helps

yeah, it helps a lot, thanks.

Still my question is not really answered: does it make sense to listen to a delta session while I'm working or studying, not to increase the focus but to be more relaxed ?

Thank you all for the interesting information.

My experience until now is not really measurable: my muscles are growing, because I do a lot of training and eat very well; hard to say how much influence does the brainwave entrainment. Yet is my personal feeling really good about it, I feel better than other music or no music.

yeah, it helps a lot, thanks.

Still my question is not really answered: does it make sense to listen to a delta session while I'm working or studying, not to increase the focus but to be more relaxed ?

Thank you all for the interesting information.

My experience until now is not really measurable: my muscles are growing, because I do a lot of training and eat very well; hard to say how much influence does the brainwave entrainment. Yet is my personal feeling really good about it, I feel better than other music or no music.

It probably wont have much effect. A delta state is deep sleep when the body repairs it's self. If the entrainment was working, you would fall asleep. SMR or high alpha wold be best for relaxed concentration.

It probably wont have much effect. A delta state is deep sleep when the body repairs it's self. If the entrainment was working, you would fall asleep. SMR or high alpha wold be best for relaxed concentration.

ok, thank you very much for the detailed information.

I'll try with that.

Be well