Sign in to follow this  
beoman

too much qi in the membrane

I sometimes get strange feelings in my head. I'm not sure what it is. it feels like some kind of energy whose movements I can kind of control, but not very well. when it intensifies, i feel like parts of my head become very stiff. this can happen to the whole head, just the top of the head, my jaw, my cheeks - i get a feeling of stiffness, something like being bound with iron.

This happens at different points. When I'm doing Qigong small universe or after heaven breathing or things like that, and I focus on the head, I get this feeling, and it intensifies each time I imagine the qi flowing through the head. it also happened when i was just sitting in a bus on the way home.

i don't know much about Qi yet, but thought it might have to do with that. i tried putting it in various places, thinking that might help. like i tried moving it to the tip of my nose, or to my third eye, and focusing it there. it usually doesn't help - even if i move it there, it spreads apart soon after. i tried imagining it as a straight line from my head to my neck and to the rest of my body, but i couldn't put it along that line - it kind of went from my forehead, went left to avoid my nose, and then back to the center, going through my left eye instead.

i'm not sure what to do with it. it's not particularly pleasant. I kind of feel like I should be having a headache, but instead I feel the stiffness. (It is not as unpleasant as a headache). It seems like if it went on long enough it would eventually give me a headache. The only thing I can do is stop focusing and go about my day, and eventually it goes away.

But, from doing the Qigong exercises anyway, it seems ideally I would move the energy down to the rest of my body and have it flow freely? If that's the right idea, what exercises can I do to be able to do this? should I just keep visualizing it going downwards and as I improve I'll be successful? Note that I almost never feel anything in the Lower Tan-T'ien, where it seems the focus should be. the feelings are centered around my head.

As an aside this has also happened when I've smoked weed, but much more intensely. at times I felt an extreme rotating motion as if my whole head was spinning. not sure if it's related, but it felt similar. maybe mis-aligned Qi flow? it seems smoking would throw it more out of wack.

I sometimes get strange feelings in my head. I'm not sure what it is. it feels like some kind of energy whose movements I can kind of control, but not very well. when it intensifies, i feel like parts of my head become very stiff. this can happen to the whole head, just the top of the head, my jaw, my cheeks - i get a feeling of stiffness, something like being bound with iron.

This happens at different points. When I'm doing Qigong small universe or after heaven breathing or things like that, and I focus on the head, I get this feeling, and it intensifies each time I imagine the qi flowing through the head. it also happened when i was just sitting in a bus on the way home.

i don't know much about Qi yet, but thought it might have to do with that. i tried putting it in various places, thinking that might help. like i tried moving it to the tip of my nose, or to my third eye, and focusing it there. it usually doesn't help - even if i move it there, it spreads apart soon after. i tried imagining it as a straight line from my head to my neck and to the rest of my body, but i couldn't put it along that line - it kind of went from my forehead, went left to avoid my nose, and then back to the center, going through my left eye instead.

i'm not sure what to do with it. it's not particularly pleasant. I kind of feel like I should be having a headache, but instead I feel the stiffness. (It is not as unpleasant as a headache). It seems like if it went on long enough it would eventually give me a headache. The only thing I can do is stop focusing and go about my day, and eventually it goes away.

But, from doing the Qigong exercises anyway, it seems ideally I would move the energy down to the rest of my body and have it flow freely? If that's the right idea, what exercises can I do to be able to do this? should I just keep visualizing it going downwards and as I improve I'll be successful? Note that I almost never feel anything in the Lower Tan-T'ien, where it seems the focus should be. the feelings are centered around my head.

As an aside this has also happened when I've smoked weed, but much more intensely. at times I felt an extreme rotating motion as if my whole head was spinning. not sure if it's related, but it felt similar. maybe mis-aligned Qi flow? it seems smoking would throw it more out of wack.

The best small universe exercise I can recommend is the c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com -- it's a very helpful guidance practice. The whole purpose of the small universe is to cycle the energy down the front channel.

Of course as the energy goes through the brain centers then there's sensations of magnetic pressure, bliss, light, visions. The dizziness is from the inner ear channels opening up. That's why it's always important to store the energy back into the lower tan tien.

The other alternative is to return the energy back to the emptiness which is either outside your head -- but usually it's considered as the inner tan tien area. In reality the emptiness is always-already inseparable -- it's everywhere -- but the emptiness as consciousness is what creates the spirit light energy.

So guiding the energy and using it for healing others -- if you have extra energy then it will naturally flow into others -- or storing it to build it up -- these are based on the situation you're in. Still if you focus on your hands by holding your arms out and sending the chi out of your hands then that will move the energy out of your head -- standing with the knees bent will increase your kidney energy and that will reduce the dizziness also (since the kidney channel is also for the inner ear energy).

Edited by drewhempel

"In reality the emptiness is always-already inseparable -- it's everywhere"

So why go around pretending (oh, I mean "intending") to send it anywhere in one's body or elsewhere? IMO it's a wonder I even have a physical form in the middle of this sea. That's pretty awesome in itself.

It's my understanding that you don't want to much energy to gather in the brain otherwise you can can have serious problems.

-Gather the qi back to your Dantien.

Sign in to follow this