inflammablefish

Aura/non-light vision

So a thought just popped into my head and being the ADHD Toaist that I am (and what good one isn't - ego!) I dropped everything that I was doing and decided to make a post.

How does Aura Vision work? and I'm not necessarily talking about how do you acheive it, I'm sure there are plenty of threads already on here about it I just haven't looked yet. I'm talking about the sheer optics of it. I work in the field of vision and I've plenty of experience with how the eye works. If the eye is currently designed so that it can only be aware of "visible" light then how do people see Aura, or other just phenomena for that matter, unless they lie on the visible spectrum somewhere?

Is it just that science has not yet "discovered" ( or should I say, not yet looking for) receptors in the retina of the eye that can perceive things other than light waves on the visible spectrum? Or is it that our brain has the capability to interperit the spectrum of light or whatever that aura fields exist on, and we just have to unlock it meaning that everybody "see's" auras all the time it's just that they don't know to look for them.

Everything I have talked about so far is in the realm of science and biology. I realize there is more to the universe than just that, and if you can explain aura vision using other means please go ahead and I'll listen.

So, if I am reading that correctly, we are talking (at least per that article) about the mind transposing the perception of the energy into the mechanism of "vision" within the consciousness for the purpose of making it accessible rather than the phenomenon being a literal & physical vision employing the eyeball & optic nerve?

Yes.

So, if I am reading that correctly, we are talking (at least per that article) about the mind transposing the perception of the energy into the mechanism of "vision" within the consciousness for the purpose of making it accessible rather than the phenomenon being a literal & physical vision employing the eyeball & optic nerve?

How is that different then mechanism of dellusion/hallucination?

How is that different then mechanism of dellusion/hallucination?

It's no different than any mechanism that goes on in the physical.

Our eyes pick up different wavelengths of light, and our brain interprets those things as objects.

Our ears pick up different frequencies of sound, and our brain interprets them as sounds.

We then correlate objects and sounds to various concepts- we see a pencil, and we understand it's connected to writing, communication, learning, recording, etc. We hear the sound of a dog and associate it with pets, friends, playing catch, getting bitten, etc.

In the Hermetic philosophy, there is the concept "As above, so below", and "as below, so above", so the energetic layer acts the same was as the physical layer, just, with energy.

You directly perceive energy, and your brain correlates that energy to sight. But since it's not "physical" sight, it becomes categorized as "clairvoyance".

Nothing is going on that doesn't already happy on the physical level. Unless you think just being alive is a delusion/hallucination, which may very well be the case anyway :lol: