Thunder_Gooch

Coming Soon: neigongforum.com

Oh the irony. So you suffer from these policies yourself, and as a result, you'll make your own secret group. Great! Just great.

I guess if you're a victim of abuse, the answer is not to fight the abuse, but to switch sides from victim to the abuser. Makes sense.

And you're about to make more lemons for yourself. Make more of that which has hurt you in the past. Keep the cycle going.

First rule of fight club...

Well a free forum available to anyone and everyone on the condition they don't plaster any information gained there all over the internet is hardly a secret group imho. I have no way to enforce a legal nda, nor would I want to. This is just more of a courtesy request, so that hopefully all the other members will feel more comfortable sharing information. It's not like anyone will be denied entry into the "secret" club.

Demonoid one of the most successful and highest quality torrent sites is invitation only. Gmail was also like this for quite some time. Both of those worked out quite well.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

First rule of fight club...

Well a free forum available to anyone and everyone on the condition they don't plaster any information gained there all over the internet is hardly a secret group imho. I have no way to enforce a legal nda, nor would I want to. This is just more of a courtesy request, so that hopefully all the other members will feel more comfortable sharing information. It's not like anyone will be denied entry into the "secret" club.

Demonoid one of the most successful and highest quality torrent sites is invitation only. Gmail was also like this for quite some time. Both of those worked out quite well.

You don't think your situation is karmic? You're showing support for the very policy that's hurting you. I don't believe in an absolute karma, but this is so karmic. You're getting the results from the world that are completely aligned with your own intention. So the result that you are deprived of quality teachings is completely aligned with your idea about how teachings should spread (invitation only).

I hope you are successful, but I also hope that people outside your envisioned quasi-secret group are successful as well.

You don't think your situation is karmic? You're showing support for the very policy that's hurting you. I don't believe in an absolute karma, but this is so karmic. You're getting the results from the world that are completely aligned with your own intention. So the result that you are deprived of quality teachings is completely aligned with your idea about how teachings should spread (invitation only).

I hope you are successful, but I also hope that people outside your envisioned quasi-secret group are successful as well.

It's not going to be invite only. I was merely pointing out that other sites like demonoid, and gmail had been wildly successful with that model.

I was planning on asking users not to re-post information from the forum elsewhere online as a condition of their membership. I have no way to enforce that, just a simple request.

Several of my friends have expressed concern over search engine spiders, indexing, and people copying their training info and re-posting it openly.

Ironically I thought asking members to agree not to re-post material in the forum elsewhere might foster a more open community, where they could share information more easily.

It's not going to be invite only. I was merely pointing out that other sites like demonoid, and gmail had been wildly successful with that model.

Well, demonoid, ostensibly is seeking to avoid confrontations with the court system. Do you really think you will be persecuted? I don't think anyone cares. Unless you plan to stand in the middle of some Church yelling how people will go to hell unless they practice Microcosmic Orbit, there is no problem.

Google had to control the influx of the users because they had to allocate server resources efficiently and organically. Google had this policy only short-term, in order to avoid overwhelming their server capacity. Alternatively Google could have guessed the worldwide demand for gmail, and to be on the safe side, double the server allocation. This doubling would be necessary to avoid making an accidental bad first impression, and it would cost money. If you artificially slow the influx of the new users, you can buy more servers as needed, without the need to make a maximum projection and then double it just to be on the safe side.

Short version: demonoid wants to keep a low profile to avoid persecution and Google was struggling with physical resource allocations.

I was planning on asking users not to re-post information from the forum elsewhere online as a condition of their membership. I have no way to enforce that, just a simple request.

Several of my friends have expressed concern over search engine spiders, indexing, and people copying their training info and re-posting it openly.

Do you mind elaborating this? Is this an economic problem? Are these people worried that if the information is freely available they won't be able to sell it?

Ironically I thought asking members to agree not to re-post material in the forum elsewhere might foster a more open community, where they could share information more easily.

OK, so you think there will be persecution?

Well, demonoid, ostensibly is seeking to avoid confrontations with the court system. Do you really think you will be persecuted? I don't think anyone cares. Unless you plan to stand in the middle of some Church yelling how people will go to hell unless they practice Microcosmic Orbit, there is no problem.

Google had to control the influx of the users because they had to allocate server resources efficiently and organically. Google had this policy only short-term, in order to avoid overwhelming their server capacity. Alternatively Google could have guessed the worldwide demand for gmail, and to be on the safe side, double the server allocation. This doubling would be necessary to avoid making an accidental bad first impression, and it would cost money. If you artificially slow the influx of the new users, you can buy more servers as needed, without the need to make a maximum projection and then double it just to be on the safe side.

Short version: demonoid wants to keep a low profile to avoid persecution and Google was struggling with physical resource allocations.

Do you mind elaborating this? Is this an economic problem? Are these people worried that if the information is freely available they won't be able to sell it?

OK, so you think there will be persecution?

Demonoid wants to protect itself from viruses, fake files, and keep the community close nit.

My friends expressed concern with their systems leaking out in the public eye, they may not even share it if they join I don't know. I think it's more a concern of loosing good standing with their teachers.

My friends expressed concern with their systems leaking out in the public eye, they may not even share it if they join I don't know. I think it's more a concern of loosing good standing with their teachers.

Right. If their teacher has asked them to keep it a secret, and it turns out they've been leaking secrets, they will lose standing with their teacher.

As you can see, neither teachers of the restricted systems, nor students, will have interest in an open sharing. In the old days, having some secret knowledge was a way to have power over competing clans. Nowadays it's a way to retain artificial scarcity, to keep the value of the product high on the market. Meanwhile, away from the dark corners, teachings flow openly on the bright open meadows, right in your own back yard. But we say it can't be that good. We must depart and look inside a dark corner. Surely good things must be well hidden, like the life giving air. You really have to travel all over the world to learn how to breathe air, so as to have life.

Thanks guys, I had hoped Sean would make a separate forum only for neigong/qigong training discussion. TTB is cool but too much noise for my taste, I want an environment where people are actually discussing techniques and experiences and teachers that get real results. I figured I'd give hosting a forum for that sort of environment a try and see what happened. At worst it could fail.

I think your forum will be very successful.

I myself was taught nei kung and chi kung,before reading Kosta's book's I had'nt read anything that was even remotely similar to what I myself have been taught.

Reading those two book's gave me a much better understanding of my own practice.

A forum where we can share information of this sort will be very helpfull.

sabretooth.

I want to learn about nei kung too. I got that

CK Chu book, but am not willing to spend hundreds

for a used copy of xing yi health maintenance.

Who cares! Just make the forum and see if it turns into something good. :P

This.

I, for one, am looking forward to the forum :)

This is what happens when theory meets practice: one of them has to GTFO. NSFW but relevant and funny.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5751467/

Greetings..

This video never gets old, i laugh every time..

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5751467/

But, i can't laugh when this thread turns into that video..

Good luck, MPG.. BaguaKid is a gifted and sincere Neigong student, a worthy traveler on your journies..

Be well..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah.... that's pretty amazing.........

Anyway, I don't think this thread is QUITE like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah.... that's pretty amazing.........

Anyway, I don't think this thread is QUITE like that.

Well I don't claim to be advanced, I don't even have a full LDT yet, so I still on the lowest rung of the ladder. I only want to make this forum because no one else is doing it.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Well I don't claim to be advanced, I don't even have a full LDT yet, so I still on the lowest rung of the ladder. I only want to make this forum because no one else is doing it.

Trust me, I'm even lower than that :lol:

No, really, I am :(

No, really, I am :(

You are not what you think you are, but what you think you are ;)

Actually, I know of an existing forum that is free and open, and it already has lots of knowledgeable members. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/2btgkjn .

Actually, I know of an existing forum that is free and open, and it already has lots of knowledgeable members. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/2btgkjn .

TTB is great but it's not focused solely on neigong/qigong training discussion. That's really all I'm interested in and all the noise makes it quite annoying for me at least.

TTB is great but it's not focused solely on neigong/qigong training discussion. That's really all I'm interested in and all the noise makes it quite annoying for me at least.

Yeah, a forum solely about technique and practical discussion would be nice.

A lot of people come in saying, "I'm having trouble doing this?" or "how can I do that?"

And then out of 20 responses, 10 of them will be, "that's not what you should be doing", 5 of them will be "doing that is stupid", 4 of them will be, "you're doing it wrong and you'll never get it" and 1 of them will be actually helpful.*

*These are approximations based on my observations

Sticking to technique and experiences of technique would be nice, where you can share without worrying that a philosophical wormhole will collapse upon itself as you realize that you don't actually exist :mellow:

But I still love this forum! :D

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Yeah, a forum solely about technique and practical discussion would be nice.

A lot of people come in saying, "I'm having trouble doing this?" or "how can I do that?"

And then out of 20 responses, 10 of them will be, "that's not what you should be doing", 5 of them will be "doing that is stupid", 4 of them will be, "you're doing it wrong and you'll never get it" and 1 of them will be actually helpful.*

One helpful response out of 20 is not really very good.

That's about cesspool level.

We can treat neigong as a matter of science, or a matter of politics. That will guide us in deciding whether one correct answer is satisfactory, or whether we need a variety of answers, from which we may choose one that most pleases us.

What was never explained is MPG's strategy for attracting experts to his exclusive forum. Because if the answers are not correct, then who cares whether they are "on-topic"? I know why students would want to join--it's a cheap and easy alternative--but what does it offer the teachers?

It might be interesting to set up a sort of Yahoo Answers service instead of a forum? Then we might see the cream rise to the top, so to speak.

A simple solution is that every reader should understand how necessary it is to take every answer with a grain of salt, no matter the source. Only in our own experience can we find what's true.

If you have a yahoo answers thing, the number of votes determines what is the "best answer". It may be a wrong answer, but it's what most think is correct.

A simple solution is that every reader should understand how necessary it is to take every answer with a grain of salt, no matter the source. Only in our own experience can we find what's true.

This.

But before we can decide what is true through experience, we have to have SOME experience.

And to do that, we have to have some kind of method to test.

That will never happen as long as people are like, "that's not what you should be doing", "you are doing and wrong and will never get it" "I won't tell you because you just wouldn't understand even if I told you" etc etc etc.

We can treat neigong as a matter of science, or a matter of politics. That will guide us in deciding whether one correct answer is satisfactory, or whether we need a variety of answers, from which we may choose one that most pleases us.

What was never explained is MPG's strategy for attracting experts to his exclusive forum. Because if the answers are not correct, then who cares whether they are "on-topic"? I know why students would want to join--it's a cheap and easy alternative--but what does it offer the teachers?

It might be interesting to set up a sort of Yahoo Answers service instead of a forum? Then we might see the cream rise to the top, so to speak.

MD,

I have my personal mantra that I live by, several times a day I tell myself "I will do the best I can with what I have" That's kind of my philosophy for life. I am going to fight for my dreams until my death, even if I ultimately fail.

The only reason I created the forum was no one else was doing it, I ran the idea of a separate sub-forum for qigong/neigong training discussion by sean a while back and he wasn't interested. I'm not trying to run some exclusive club, everyone is welcome as long as they are civilized and polite.

I don't have a strategy to attract experts to my forum, It's more of a discussion group focused on neigong as a topic. Even if it is just a group of seekers, I believe that there is strength in numbers. The way I see it, the more eyes and ears a community has, the more leads to teachers of Chang's/Djiangs caliber might be possible. The more minds in the community, the more relevant information might be shared.

I regard neigong as a science, not as politics. I also realize all systems that have ever achieved results on the level of Chang's school got that way by the experimentation of thousands of people researching thousands of techniques and methods of training. The old knowledge is slowly vanishing, or kept so secret it will never become be possible to find. Perhaps what we need is some good old fashioned elbow grease, and a community of people willing to train and experiment together to find a new way.

Or maybe I'm just too idealistic, and I'll never get anywhere myself. I feel compelled to try though. I'll do the best I can with what I have.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy