Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Norman Paulson

Norman Paulson is a student of Yogananda and Yogani endorses him. Like Yogani, he has done his own synthesis of the yoga tradition w/ heavy influence from Yogananda's teaching (plus modifications). I just ordered his book and will report on it. If you like Yogananda and advancedyogapractices.com it sounds like you'll like Paulson too. Same material. One of the reviewers said that if you like Yogananda but never got into SRF, Paulson is worth reading. That would be me.

I'm excited... I think I've found another Yogani!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/094184809...5Fencoding=UTF8

misc link: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/triggers20.html

Just got the book, and it sucks. It's a travelogue/spiritual adventure story and doesn't appear to have any how-to. Doesn't say very good things about Yogananda's students imo if they are talking about the sizzle and ignoring the steak. I can forgive Autobiography of a Yogi as 'adventure story' was all the press could deal with back then. If I were in the market for spiritual adventure story, it probably would be a great read but I maxed out on NDEs, Jesus visions, and UFOs a long time ago.

I, too, believe in a lot of crazy shit, but it's just not apropos to physical existence and it's everyday life in nonphysical, so there's really nothing to talk about in either state of being.

I'll definitely skim it to see what Yogananda was like and what kind of relationship they had. That is of interest. I'm not curious enough about Yogananda's teachings to get into the actual courses, but I was hoping for a good low-down from an ex-student.

I'll stick with Yogani's excellent appropriation of Kriya Yoga and call it a day.

Yogani's huge book devotes about a page and a half on angels and visions.

-Yoda

I'll stick with Yogani's excellent appropriation of Kriya Yoga and call it a day.

Yogani's huge book devotes about a page and a half on angels and visions.

-Yoda

Be sure youre reading the first edition of "Autobiography of a Yogi" because later editions have been edited by the (not so) kind folks at the Self Realization Foundation to chage the message in ways that are said to promote the SRF. I've never done a comparison of the two editions myself, but from what you can find on the internet the changes are not insignificant.

Sign in to follow this