Old Man Contradiction

Naturopathic diet

My TCM doctor/Naturopath gave me a list of the most common food irritants and a list of foods that are recommended to be eaten when trying to discover intolerances.,,

The list of foods that ARE recommended are:

Rice

Millet

Broccoli

Cauliflower

Squash

Cabbage

Peaches

Cherries

Turkey(Organic)

Cranberries

Prunes

Quinoa

Sweet Potatoes

Yams

Lettuce

Spinach

Rice Vinegar

Olive Oil

Filtered Water

Sea Salt

Apricots

Beets

Teff

Juices from above listed fruits.

Most importantly NO dairy or wheat/gluten

My question is, I suck at cooking, how can I start learning how to cook with the listed ingredients? Any advice would be helpful.

Currently my skill set consists of making salad and blending fruits and soy milk in my blender.

Thank you much

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

Paella is first that comes to mind for your ingredients. you can cook really delicious paella with veges and fruit you listed. The key for paella is to choose right species and right amount of oil.

It looks like an incomplete list of foods.

Do you experience digestive problems or something? If so, it'd make sense to eat less of what causes that. But if you're normal, then I don't see the point of having such a restricted diet.

Steaming veges is quick and easy.

After you cook a grain while it is still in the pot turn off the heat or leave on low

and add chopped veges i.e celery, corn, kale, carrots, broccoli etc

Edited by mYTHmAKER

It looks like an incomplete list of foods.

Do you experience digestive problems or something? If so, it'd make sense to eat less of what causes that. But if you're normal, then I don't see the point of having such a restricted diet.

The idea is to eat only foods that are highly unlikely to be problematic. And then slowly and individually introduce other foods that are more common food irritants so that you can see which foods are causing problems and symptoms. For me it was migraines and chronic tonsilitis. I quit dairy and gluten, and the chronic tonsilitis went away. Every time I eat gluten I get a headache for sometimes up to two days. Even when dairy and gluten free for a while, I'll still occasionally get a headache. I believe there might be something else causing problems and I can't afford a blood test.

Thank you for replies. Paella sounds dank and steaming veggies is easy. I do that occasionally.

Edited by Old Man Contradiction

Ah I see. Yes it could be something else in addition to diet.

FYI, about headaches, there is a peer reviewed article published which shows that green tea and cinnamon together help reduce brain pressure.

You could make homemade masala chai and substitute green tea for black...it's very good in the summer time to help release heat (it will make you sweat more), and the ingredients are all really healing (ginger, green cardamom, black peppercorn, cloves, tea, a little milk, a little sugar).

Good luck!

Ah I see. Yes it could be something else in addition to diet.

FYI, about headaches, there is a peer reviewed article published which shows that green tea and cinnamon together help reduce brain pressure.

You could make homemade masala chai and substitute green tea for black...it's very good in the summer time to help release heat (it will make you sweat more), and the ingredients are all really healing (ginger, green cardamom, black peppercorn, cloves, tea, a little milk, a little sugar).

Good luck!

Awesome thanks for the tips. That goes well with how my body is. I have extra heat, and thus should avoid heating foods, and my kidneys are weak. These are my main problems.

Thanks again, I'm going to go have a cup of green tea/cinnamon now. Banzhang mountain green tea. w00t w00t.

thanks again