forestofemptiness

International E-Prime Month

Let me just remind you that while you were arguing with me about using "is" and "was" and such words too often

Another good example where E-Prime can shed light on faulty thinking... "While you were arguing" - A statement you made from your point of view, but by using 'you were' you incorrectly portray that we all saw it that way too. Actually I interpret most of your posts as 'arguments' and most of Mal's posts as 'discussions'. In my view 'discussions' involve building connections and 'arguments' involve winning or being right.

The ego argues for its self importance, something we all seem to be guilty of.

Another good example where E-Prime can shed light on faulty thinking... "While you were arguing" - A statement you made from your point of view, but by using 'you were' you incorrectly portray that we all saw it that way too. Actually I interpret most of your posts as 'arguments' and most of Mal's posts as 'discussions'. In my view 'discussions' involve building connections and 'arguments' involve winning or being right.

The ego argues for its self importance, something we all seem to be guilty of.

And I am Hungarian, and I can use much more shaded expressions for my thoughts and feelings in Hungarian than in English. Pardon me. Your interpretation ignored this fact - and the point of my previous comment too.

I encountered this idea years ago, but of course I had to disregard it back then. :lol:

I agree with the previous sentiments that this makes for excellent practice of mindfulness, not to mention how it enriches both the language and communication.

Blessings

Edited by buddhasbellybuttonfluff

Dear Rainbow_Vein,

Would you elaborate why you "...had to disregard it back then?" :huh:

Ah, karma happened! My grasping for wisdom through the boundaries of logic, thus Truth and Being, led me to hastily conclude that this would turn out as an inferior way to go. Now the situation has basically turned upside down: An understanding of change replaced the need for boundaries, and I have little desire for calling "things," i.e happenings, after the assumed virtues of bound and transitory existence.

Blessings