Sign in to follow this  
ronko

feeling chi on medication

hi everyone

a freind of mine would really like to start feeling chi flowing but im wondering if medication affects the sensitivity of the practioner

she is bi-polar and takes the according meds,

i have read it de-creases your feeling

any one have any experience with this ?

Hello there,

My name is Jane and I cured myself of manic depression with Bruce Frantzis's Taoist meditation training and chi kung. Psych meds and internal energy development practices do not mix. Drugs like lithium and antipsychotics are known causes of nervous system degeneration and brain cell death. Chi kung and meditation are both excellent vehicles to finding and working with your chi but they both use the mind's connection to the nervous system to accomplish that.

The ideal way to use chi development practices to effect the mind and emotions is to be able to feel acutely what is going on inside you. Psych meds not only retard your ability to do that, they become an insurmountable obstacle if you ever have any desire to get serious about deep meditation. Those drugs cast distortions that obfuscate the more subtle levels of consciousness.

There is a conundrum here. Going off those meds, especially after you've been on them for awhile, cause emotional and thought disturbances that you must suffer from. No way around it.Then, after the drugs are out of your system, the old symptoms of depression and mania come back. Hard. You suffer that too. If you are willing to suffer and endure through all of that you will be in an ideal place to really to start making changes to your internal energy which without doubt will have profound effects on your mind and subsequently your emotions.

The key issue here, is taking responsibility for your internal world. As long as everything is bipolar's fault, no progress can be made, drugs or no drugs. It took me five years, once I seriously got involved with meditation and chi kung, to cure myself of a supposedly incurable genetic disease. It's been over ten years since I've been depressed or psychotic.

Edited by SFJane

JANE!

I'm a big fan of your posts here.

You are an inspiration to me.

How's the book coming?

:wub:

(sorry to the OP for the tangent)

Edited by Creation

Hello there,

My name is Jane and I cured myself of manic depression with Bruce Frantzis's Taoist meditation training and chi kung. Psych meds and internal energy development practices do not mix. Drugs like lithium and antipsychotics are known causes of nervous system degeneration and brain cell death. Chi kung and meditation are both excellent vehicles to finding and working with your chi but they both use the mind's connection to the nervous system to accomplish that.

The ideal way to use chi development practices to effect the mind and emotions is to be able to feel acutely what is going on inside you. Psych meds not only retard your ability to do that, they become an insurmountable obstacle if you ever have any desire to get serious about deep meditation. Those drugs cast distortions that obfuscate the more subtle levels of consciousness.

There is a conundrum here. Going off those meds, especially after you've been on them for awhile, cause emotional and thought disturbances that you must suffer from. No way around it.Then, after the drugs are out of your system, the old symptoms of depression and mania come back. Hard. You suffer that too. If you are willing to suffer and endure through all of that you will be in an ideal place to really to start making changes to your internal energy which without doubt will have profound effects on your mind and subsequently your emotions.

The key issue here, is taking responsibility for your internal world. As long as everything is bipolar's fault, no progress can be made, drugs or no drugs. It took me five years, once I seriously got involved with meditation and chi kung, to cure myself of a supposedly incurable genetic disease. It's been over ten years since I've been depressed or psychotic.

Jane,

Thank you for being so open and honest. I also have a past history of anxiety and depression and have found meditation helpful in calming and relaxing. With that I am able to deal with my emotions. Taking responsibility and control were key to overcoming "being a victim"....

Art

JANE!

How's the book coming?

:wub:

(sorry to the OP for the tangent)

Hello Creation :)

I want to say the book is done. I am very happy with where it is atm.

Biggest problem is publishing. I live in a query quarry. It's like a full time job trying to get literary representation and you need a rep to break into Big Publishing.

I hope you are well and your practice is coming along.

Jane,

Thank you for being so open and honest. I also have a past history of anxiety and depression and have found meditation helpful in calming and relaxing. With that I am able to deal with my emotions. Taking responsibility and control were key to overcoming "being a victim"....

Hi Art

You are quite welcome. Thank you as well for sharing and I am very glad to hear that you've overcome those issues. That's a great achievement. It's easy to get caught up in all the opening of psychic powers and attaining bliss states and immortality when discussing esoteric Taoism.

It's good to remind folks that Taoism is about becoming comfortable with yourself, in this life. To that end, before we get to superpowers or enlightenment some of us have very mundane problems like anxiety or rage or ptsd or depression, loss etc, that need to be dealt with first. I think it is a testament to Taoism that we can overcome those base issues with this ancient and wonderful tradition of self healing.

Ronko

If you have any more questions or if your friend does, ask her to make an account and send me a message.

Edited by SFJane

"It's good to remind folks that Taoism is about becoming comfortable with yourself, in this life. To that end, before we get to superpowers or enlightenment some of us have very mundane problems like anxiety or rage or ptsd or depression, loss etc, that need to be dealt with first. I think it is a testament to Taoism that we can overcome those base issues with this ancient and wonderful tradition of self healing"

I like this. Also what TaoMeow was saying. Also what many people here TTB's come first for. Also remembering that when "other stuff happens" "I'm still in this world" even if I have knowledge of others and especially so :ninja:

SFjane, I am glad to read you again!

Kate

Sign in to follow this