Sign in to follow this  
enouch

INSIGHTS?

Hi! A friend, fellow bum is trying to make several neigung copies for me but he sent me this message:

I'm having an issue making dvd's and I was wondering if you might be able to help me.

I have a compaq presario from 2006, stock. It's a laptop. I've purchased dvd+r dvd-r and whenever I insert one to burn I get an error messege as

Insert Writable Disk.

Do you know how I can actually make dvd copies? Oh, my computer can read dvd+rw because I have a few of those with some neikung and liao training, etc on them.

I use DVDFab and PowerISO to make various DVD's

but it sound like his DVD drive might be playing up? Can it record a normal file to a disk at all? (i.e. test it out on rewritable disk to see it it's working)

Insert Writable Disk.

Burning a CD/DVD is normaly straight forward - likely reasons with the given information for such an error are limited to the basics:

His Notebook/PC isn't able to burn dvd's (or only dvd-r dvd+r but it seems he has tested both).

The dvd has already content on it.

He uses a software that doesn't support dvd or he selected something differnt e.g. create data-cd.

If he uses a common software there aren't much other options left.

what program is he using? that can happen if the dvd in question has anti-copy or some sort of write protection.

Sign in to follow this