Yoda

Flowfit is available

Sean,

Is there a link a taobum can order it through? Quickly, I'm twitchy.

-Yoda

You better move fast Sean by the time I get out of shower I am ordering it!!

*Completely forgets to be patient*

Alright...I am going to Starbucks now..by the time I get back put a link up so you can get your 50 cents from Scott.

Yoda! Try to control yourself we need to hook Sean up he just moved into a new loft and needs our support!!

Ok, looks like Sean is out skydiving with Lezlie or something. Oh wait..he is probably at work.

I will wait patiently until tomorrow. Yoda, I suggest you give your wifey your credit card and tell her to hide it until tomorrow.

Edited by Cameron

I might not be able to get Sean his third of a cup of Starbucks...

then again, they won't ship tomorrow anywhoo.

Then wait until Monday dammit!!

*realizes he is going to be doing homework along with intermittent taobums breaks on Friday night*

Yoda the documentry of the guy who lived with bears is on Discovery channel tonight I heard. Check it out!

flowfit sounds pretty fuckin cool.

Scott is a pretty amazing fitness guru.

Sean, thanks again for converting me.

Sean,

What's your take on the difference between the benefits delivered by Intuflow as opposed to Prasara/Flowfit????

Thanks!

Wowee. I second Yoda's question. Would really love to hear a comparison with Intu-Flow.

My friend who's 56 and hasn't exercised regularly at all before now, is really digging Intu-Flow. He seems to think it's even easy enough for me :). But I'm really interested to hear more about Flowfit. Thanks again Sean!!

Karen

Honestly, I don't know jack about FlowFit yet. Haven't had a chance to check it out at all. I'm kind of up to my ears in material at this point ... I've only just recently even started integrating Prasara flows into my daily practice. But from just a quick glance it looks like FlowFit is more in the direction of giving you a conditioning workout, whereas IntuFlow is more geared toward recovering mobility and active rest.

While you're at it, can you post Scott's phone number? ;):wub:

Alright...I am going to Starbucks now..by the time I get back put a link up so you can get your 50 cents from Scott.

Scott is a happily married man. Actually, he has more positve things to say about marriage and his family life than just about anyone I can remember on the internet.

I think that's his wife on the intu flow banner?

LOL, what IS it with married guys?! Anyways, I just wanted his number, uh, to do an interview! Yeah, that's it!

I got my Flowfit and checked it out.

Lozen, Scott's lookin good and is saving himself for you.

For everyone else: it's a pretty rad form of 'condensed yoga'. It's sort of like the sun salutation, as an essential routine but cooler addressing all the basic dimensions of flexibility and freedom.

While Scott presents extremely easy modifications to make the practice accessible for anyone, it strikes me that Intuflow is the easier introduction. My family had a good laugh watching me try the intermediate #3 routine. One of the routines is the Russian dancer thing where you swing around a leg underneath yourself and I thought this would be much easier to do than it proved to be. My efforts weren't pretty.

Intuflow isn't intended to be a 'workout' but Flowfit is, and a workout it was even though I wasn't trying to exert myself nor was I rushing the routine even in the slightest. That's very nice--I can go at a relaxed yoga pace and still build serious, all around (cardio, strength, flexibility) fitness.

Like Scott's other material, the best part is that his exercises are entertaining and fun to do whereas other wonderful yoga programs bore me to tears and I can barely endure one session.

If you like Scott's material, this is a must own. At some point I'll be willing to lend out my copy too. Just pm me in a couple of months.

I need to take a break from the clubs, so this'll pick up the slack. It's going to take many moons before I can swing #3 with any grace, but I'm very excited about the prospect of acheiving that.

I watched some of the DVD. Definetly can't do any of it until I am hopefully cleared next week. Almost every excercise involves squatting.

It looks like an abbreviated version of body flow to me. Basically a refinement of ealier work like intuflow. I was interested in how he makes a big deal about the 14-18 minute practice time being so important to the body.

I think the body shifts from warming up to actually engaging in activity in that amount of time. I've always assumed that the first 20 minutes of exercise are sort of a throw away--just like the writer needs to throw away the first page or two per session. But just reaching that state of that "flow" on a daily basis carries benefits per Scott.

I saw most of it last night, really liked the flows.. watching them, I mean :). I was disappointed that the beginning levels don't seem to involve much flow, just building up to where you can do the flow.

I was disappointed that the beginning levels don't seem to involve much flow, just building up to where you can do the flow.

I know what you mean... the stool thing isn't as fun to do, but I believe that it would be very effective. One could just do lots of Intuflow and then jump in a bit further on I suppose.

Yeah, now I'm realizing that Intuflow would be a better place to start.. now to pry it out of my friend's hands just long enough to watch it :)

I do like the beginning Flowfit exercises with the stool, and think I'll make a list of the beginning parts of each of the exercise groups so I could do just those.

Karen

also the stool didn't seem too safe, either. A sturdy tabletop or the back of a heavy couch would probably be a better bet and then one could really focus on the stretch and flow of things.