Sign in to follow this  
allan-in-china

Hi Everyone! I'm Allan

Hi everyone,

My name is Allan. I am originally from Australia, but now I live in China. Over here I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to study with a number of authentic taoists, and I am currently studying meditation and tai chi chuan quite intensively.

I have made a website with a bit about my experiences studying here, and what I've learned. Hopefully it will help you. It is www.china-feel.com

I'm trying to pass on the great luck I have been given, so we can all grow. Unfortunately due to my perfectionistic tendencies, the page grows quite slowly - but consistently!!

Happy Chinese New Year!

Allan

PS. Sean thanks for the help with the email address trouble!

I am originally from Australia, but now I live in China. Over here I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to study with a number of authentic taoists, and I am currently studying meditation and tai chi chuan quite intensively.

I have made a website with a bit about my experiences studying here, and what I've learned. Hopefully it will help you. It is www.china-feel.com

Admirable path, nice site.

Welcome. :)

Nice website & very clean approach. Good to have you here, look forward to your grounded contribution.

in our light

mike :-)

Just an echo of what the others have posted. I admire your site and the insight from your last few posts. Glad to have you here.

Michael

Amazingly awesome website. Interesting how you helped establish Winn and Kali, some of the leading qigong people in America, over in China, for their tours. (plus, you are from Ausy, I wonder how you met these dudes?)

I am wondering why they chose to work with you? Obviously you have the virtue, my hat is off to you!

WELCOME TO TAOBUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say your website is amazing? I have been messing with the sexual energy and channels, heaven and earth stuff for so long. Really, it is the basics that people need, not all the north star and big dipper stuff, that is way too advanced skills for most! It has virtue, but the foundation is the key!!!! The more we connect with earth, that reflets back out to heaven, the more we connect with EARTH! thank you

...very interesting about the channels...

Amazingly awesome website. Interesting how you helped establish Winn and Kali, some of the leading qigong people in America, over in China, for their tours. (plus, you are from Ausy, I wonder how you met these dudes?)

I am wondering why they chose to work with you? Obviously you have the virtue, my hat is off to you!

Thank you GrandTrinity! I really appreciate that.

But don't jump to conclusions too fast!! I didn't help establish Winn or Kali in China, Lisa just helped them arrange tours, and she wasn't the first person to help them. Winn is a great businessman and he was the man who established it.

Lisa first met Michael through a mutual friend called Wu Zhongxian who I believe teaches in the US now. She met Wu Zhongxian through her Tibetan Buddhist teacher. So that tour (I think it was 2000) Lisa helped Michael with guiding. Then they got along well, so Michael asked Lisa to help with some of the arrangements: booking hotels, plane tickets, recommendations etc. Then Lisa met Kali through one of Michael's tours.

And then I step in some time later around 2002.

So they are actually working with Lisa not me, I'm just around in the background, giving suggestions occasionally because I've travelled quite extensively over here. Lisa is the one with virtue, I'm doing my best to keep up!

Thanks for the comments on the site, working the basics hard is the only real secret I have found, and I believe patience is the ultimate virtue. Ok one of the ultimate virtues, but necessary to real success. Maybe the ultimate beginner's virtue??

My understanding from my teacher is, master the first meditation, and after this point I have the impression that things change, but getting the first meditation mastered is the real key or at least the first key(??). And I don't know what is beyond the first meditation yet. When I get there, the important stuff will go on the site..

(Ok have to say, finding a good teacher to work with you personally is really important, this in my opinion is another basically critical key, but the good thing is there are enlightened people everywhere if you know what to look for, although finding one teaching the art you want to learn isn't necessarily easy...)

And thank you Trunk, I like your site too! It's a nice additional tool and the information on the gaps in the system is really valuable.

One other thing, I'm not sure why, but I can't access your website through the www.alchemicaltaoism.com link, but if I click through the precisiondocs.com/~altaoism link, I can get there, just something you may want to know...

Thank you Freeform and Michael, I've read a few of your posts and you are both obviously very intelligent, I look forward to our discussions together.

Thank you Jeremiah, beautiful photos. You have got to love Huashan! That is an amazing place.

The site is a sort of living document, the pages on it are always changing because I often have realisations. Sort of out of nowhere, just sitting, or just practicing tai chi, and then bang, ohhhhh, now I understand what he meant by that, and then it goes on the site... (so check back occasionally or if you guys use rss that's available too, I've actually put another 2 pages on the site since announcing it here, and I've got a few in the works..)

So the site is entirely limited by my own understanding of what my teachers have taught me, but I'm working hard, and hopefully we can all learn together.

Thank you guys for the feedback, and any thoughts or criticism of the site is welcome, I am sure I have blindspots which you guys have already cleared up, and if they are obvious please let me know.

By the way GrandTrinity you are a Dirk Oellibrandt fan right? I've been lucky enough to meet him, and he is a fantastic man.

Allan

Yes that right, howd you meet Dirk? If you could tell us about any signifigant points updated on the site, Im sure at least a few of us would be interested. thanks

Sign in to follow this