Sign in to follow this  
宁

Innocence

Hey Little1,

the reason why no one is answering you, is because innocence...

...is of little interest to anyone.

Or is it, this is the main point of the thread. And if it is, does it relate to practice or not.

...is of little interest to anyone.

Or is it, this is the main point of the thread. And if it is, does it relate to practice or not.

Well, I was waiting to see where you were headed with this.

Yes, the subject is of interest to me. I'm am always open to ideas of how I might improve my state of innocence. The only way I can do that is to hear (read) input from others. Without discussion all I can do is work with what I already have.

I think that innocence is being able to live spontaniously. Sure, we have to attend to the affairs of life. But in our free time we should be able to do whatever we are inspired to do with full understanding that we are going to cause harm to none unnecessarily because our heart is pure.

So y'all keep talking and I promise I will keep reading and I might even make comment now and then.

Peace & Love!

Lao replied, " I dropped that woman off at the river bank. Why are you still carrying her? "

Yes, that is innocence, I think.

Peace & Love!

We're kind of getting close.

See, I don't know what is it either. Not in a way i can express it, anyway.

by the by... healing love experiences of a profound kind are conducive to the deep cleansing that renews the quality that I think you are pondering.

Busted! :D

by the by... healing love experiences of a profound kind are conducive to the deep cleansing that renews the quality that I think you are pondering.

This is really nicely said.

Sometimes we feel we have "lost our innocence" due to bad sexual experiences or other crossed boundaries. Other times we notice something much more subtle -- that due to our own ego-clinging, every interaction we have with every living thing is in some sense tainted.

Healing love experiences wash away the coarse and subtle levels of "taintedness," of twisted emotional garbage. The more pure and genuine the love, the more subtle the scrubbing process becomes.

There are other things that can have the same effect, though: meditation, developing compassion, devotion for a teacher. There are many paths to the same result.

I like to think that I do hold to my innocence when I am not around other people. (Well, except for my best friend.)

I interact with nature and my surroundings very peacefully. However, when I go out into the world I put on my mask and costume. Yeah, I know. Shame on me. But that's just the way it is.

I really don't know if one can live in pure (original) innocence in today's world. Too many dangers out there.

Peace & Love!

I feel the same way. When I am alone, especially in nature, I feel like "me". I also have in my mind the innocent person I would like to be to other people. I can't do it. I also put on a mask. I am not a jerk to people, but I am not as open and friendly as I would like to be. I think people would call the cops cause it was creepy. :lol:

Oh well. I also feel that the world we live in doesn't allow pure innnocence. It is a messed up place nowadays. All we can do is hope and work to make it better in our own little ways.

Sign in to follow this