Sign in to follow this  
hajimesaito

Does meditation cure mild myopia?

I have a - 1.5 on my left eye and a - 0.5 on the right. My dad once told me that meditation would again restore the sharpness of my eyes. Since I sit in front of the computer for long hours, I feel that my eyesight is deteriorating. I have experienced that during my normal lotus posture meditation, if I reach a state of relaxation and stillness of mind, my eyes also start becoming wet.

What could be the reason? Does it mean that my eyesight is increasing? Or is it decreasing?

I know there are other threads for myopia and I checked them out. But none of them dealt with the fruits of common meditation in improving eyesight.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

I have a - 1.5 on my left eye and a - 0.5 on the right. My dad once told me that meditation would again restore the sharpness of my eyes. Since I sit in front of the computer for long hours, I feel that my eyesight is deteriorating. I have experienced that during my normal lotus posture meditation, if I reach a state of relaxation and stillness of mind, my eyes also start becoming wet.

What could be the reason? Does it mean that my eyesight is increasing? Or is it decreasing?

I know there are other threads for myopia and I checked them out. But none of them dealt with the fruits of common meditation in improving eyesight.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

It's not true that none of them have dealt with it. You're just not careful in reading. Short answer is that if your meditation leads toward relaxation, it can help with myopia. The thing is to maintain the same relaxed meditative state while not meditating. Otherwise your myopia may be gone after meditation, but then after you spend 1 hour on the computer, it might be back. So the trick is to hang onto a good visual habit. Read the book that Magitek linked.

I've meditated lots the last 2 years and my eyesight has improved. It was pretty perfect to begin with but it is even better now. It's not just a matter of seeing black and white on the eyechart. I can see more depth, better colour, read bus numbers from a longer distance smoother surfaces softer edges.... everything looks more beautiful.

If you feel wet eyes thats because you're using your eyes too much - reading on the computer.... to much hot yang energy is being used, now that ur resting them during meditation, soothing yin watery energy is comming up to nourish your eyes.

I get sore eyes even though my eyesight is perfect. I know exactly what your talking about because i used the computer too much, got burning sore eyes/neck/chest and am very slowly slowly recovering. Don't push it too much, do eye exercises, have breaks & rest your eyes. You can get software to set and have intervals. Get it and use it. It's worth it in the long run trust me :)

I've meditated lots the last 2 years and my eyesight has improved. It was pretty perfect to begin with but it is even better now. It's not just a matter of seeing black and white on the eyechart. I can see more depth, better colour, read bus numbers from a longer distance smoother surfaces softer edges.... everything looks more beautiful.

If you feel wet eyes thats because you're using your eyes too much - reading on the computer.... to much hot yang energy is being used, now that ur resting them during meditation, soothing yin watery energy is comming up to nourish your eyes.

I get sore eyes even though my eyesight is perfect. I know exactly what your talking about because i used the computer too much, got burning sore eyes/neck/chest and am very slowly slowly recovering. Don't push it too much, do eye exercises, have breaks & rest your eyes. You can get software to set and have intervals. Get it and use it. It's worth it in the long run trust me :)

Sign in to follow this