bindo

The Error of the Buddha

well, there is no time in Buddhism.. that's what I meant. there's no beginning or end. Norbu Rinpoche refers to samsara as infinite.. but I have heard the argument that samsara will end. This doesn't make sense to me though because what then will all the Buddhas do since their activity is compassion, what then if there are no longer suffering beings? :lol: dunno. I think the argument that samsara will end depends on a finite number of beings, but if there are infinite beings then samsara will not end.

Yeah that's why I said I'm not sure what you meant. There is an end to samsara individually - nirvana. So when you achieve Buddhahood samsara for you is finished. But for other sentient beings it's still there.

Yeah that's why I said I'm not sure what you meant. There is an end to samsara individually - nirvana. So when you achieve Buddhahood samsara for you is finished. But for other sentient beings it's still there.

Well one could see samsara and nirvana as mental states. In that sense, mental states have no beginning or end, they just change. The "end" of samsara is the changing of it as a mental state into nirvana as a mental state.

There are so many assumptions here! There is no end to samsara individually or otherwise.

No kidding? :rolleyes:

I don't care about your personal (or maybe Sri Aurobindos) interpretations of Buddhism.