DO NOT ABUSE POWER

How about,

treat power as a gentlemen treats a lady, and viceversa,

and as a good husband treats his good wife and viceversa

How about,

treat power as a gentlemen treats a lady, and viceversa,

and as a good husband treats his good wife and viceversa

I'll have to think about it. :)

By the way, have you noticed how a gentleman/lady, etc., interactions get them to assume more basic roles -- parent/child? sometimes they take turns exchanging roles, sometimes one is always the parent and the other one the child in terms of power, and there's no other way to have a relationship with anyone? That's because we all have a mother, and mother/child is our model of a "relationship" -- with anyone or anything we'll ever encounter. Not all have a gentleman/lady or a husband/wife in their lives, this is not where one learns about power transactions... this is where the lessons learned earlier get applied.

Laozi has many things to say on the subject (in fact it's the main, if not the only, subject of TTC) but it is impossible to learn from a book.

I learned it from a plant teacher who also showed me how difficult it is. It's easy to not abuse power if you have none. Try handling it responsibly when you have some. When you have more than some. When your power has no limits.

This is the core of spirituality: if you can't play with a small toy without breaking it, you won't ever get a bigger toy to play with. "Toy"meaning "relationship with a being whose power is less than your own" in this context. Abuse power in such a relationship and spiritually it's all over, baby blue.

I'll have to think about it. :)

By the way, have you noticed how a gentleman/lady, etc., interactions get them to assume more basic roles -- parent/child? sometimes they take turns exchanging roles, sometimes one is always the parent and the other one the child in terms of power, and there's no other way to have a relationship with anyone? That's because we all have a mother, and mother/child is our model of a "relationship" -- with anyone or anything we'll ever encounter. Not all have a gentleman/lady or a husband/wife in their lives, this is not where one learns about power transactions... this is where the lessons learned earlier get applied.

Laozi has many things to say on the subject (in fact it's the main, if not the only, subject of TTC) but it is impossible to learn from a book.

I learned it from a plant teacher who also showed me how difficult it is. It's easy to not abuse power if you have none. Try handling it responsibly when you have some. When you have more than some. When your power has no limits.

This is the core of spirituality: if you can't play with a small toy without breaking it, you won't ever get a bigger toy to play with. "Toy"meaning "relationship with a being whose power is less than your own" in this context. Abuse power in such a relationship and spiritually it's all over, baby blue.

My people have a certain way they choose which chicken they eat.

1. They eat the chicken that makes alot of noise, and doesn't lay a single egg.

2. The next one is the chicken that makes alot of noise, and rarely lays any egg.

3. The next victim is the one that lays eggs, but doesn't cluck - the eggs turn rotten or eaten by other animal.

4. The last in the row is the chicken that doesn't lay, and doesn't cluck.

Why? Because you never know...

edit spellings

Edited by Little1