The old greek term for goat, apparently, meant universal mother, for this reason.

Wow, Ian, I know this sounds facetious, but seriously I'm really glad to have learned that :D

I agree with what you said about individuality.. some people do better with goat milk, and generally in the world it's more practical for humans to interact with goats, I think. I've had raw goat milk from a local.. um, goat. It was heavenly, but unfortunately not very available especially in winter.

There are some good mail order sources for raw dairy here in the U.S., but many are known mostly by word of mouth, or they advertise their products as pet food, in order to avoid harrassment. Here in NY state it's legal to buy raw milk right at a farm, but not otherwise. :huh:

I give Aajonus a lot of credit for the work he's done, although I think his brush strokes are a bit broad. In private consults he individualizes his recommendations more. But even just to begin to gravitate toward the foods that humans generally have thrived on for ages (high percentage of raw animal foods -- yes; vegetarian diets -- no), I think is for most people a big step in the right direction.

-Karen

I found out through experience that many of the allergens (sp?) that we react to make their home in the mucus and hairs of our nasel passages. Using a Neti Pot with a saline solution (1 cup warm water, 1 tablespoon kosher salt) does wonders when used daily.

There has never been a proven epidemic caused by raw milk -- the ones suspected to be caused by raw milk turned out to be from pasteurized milk.

In the incident I mentioned, nearly twenty people were infected with E. coli, and two children even had to be put on life support. Here is one article: http://katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=82613

Whether raw dairy helps with allergies or not, I don't know. I am sure that there is good stuff in dairy that is taken out by pasteurization, and I have no doubt that it can help some people. The question is, is it the only place you can get those things, and are there safer ways?

Someone mentioned buying raw milk in an open air market where a scientist is testing it to make sure it is safe. I'm just not sure that I would trust that they could test every bit to make sure that it didn't have harmful bacteria or pathogens in it. And anyway, if I were trusting scientists to tell me which food was safe, I suppose I would trust the consensus opinion. (And no, I don't think they're all supported by the dairy industry! :D )

Anyway, it's kind of fun to debate, but I am by no means an expert. I do have a lot of experience with trying different ideas for alternative health, and have been excited by more than one thing that I decided later was sheer bunk. The best advice I can give is to keep your head about you, always read both sides, and ALWAYS choose safety first. If you're risking nothing but a few bucks and maybe looking foolish, I say go for it. But I think I'll leave the raw dairy to the baby cows!

Pietro sounds like he thrives, but he's a great hairy man-beast with a very primitive aspect. :D

Wow, that's such a complimen! :ph34r:

Thank you.

I started copying one of the key tables from Campbell Douglass book. It shows the legal and medical differences between Past. milk and Raw milk. My Milk Page the table is very long and it will take me some days to complete it.

A must read if you have doubts on raw milk is supplemental report

Which is part of the trial to keep rea milk accessible in California. More documents available here.

There is a number of cases of 'documented' epidemics' where a number of assumption where made to reach the conclusion. The fact that unpasteurizer milk produced following the health guidelines is dangerous is simply not true. Pasteurized one is inferior quality. Of course if you are a big hairy man you thrive in bacteria and this will make you stronger, so you care even less about cleanliness of milk.

And, Leo, now I have a question, if you were to chose between taking pill A and pill B, knowing that pill A will give you no illness for the first 20 years, than allergies with 10% probability, food intollerance with 60% probability (what eventually happened to me) and finally after 45 years osteoporosis with 60% probability, cancer with 40% probability, and arteriosclerosis with 30% probability. The numbers I just invented to make the point, the illness not. I can enter into details on how each of those is tied to Pasteurized milk consumption.

While the second will give you none of those BUT with a 0.1% probability might give you an infection the first time, and the probability decreases every time you use it, which would you chose.

And if the long time effect of pill A have not been studied (they are starting to be right now, but it is not mainstream science yet), in a society with mass comunication thet echoes every case of pill B, wich one would the media suggest. You don't need a cospiracy to have mass fooling. Just simple statistics.

I need to go, as today is wednesday and fresh raw link arrives at the health store. If I don't go there in time it might all be gone.

Hi Leo,

If e-coli was involved, that suggests that the cows were not grass-fed. When animals eat their species-appropriate diet (cows eat grass, not Purina cow chow :-), their gut can not support the proliferation of e-coli.

That's why when people buy raw milk products, it's important to know the source. The small farmers I've dealt with are people you can call on the phone and talk to the farmer him/herself and find out exactly how they run their farm, what they feed the animals, what they do in winter, etc. It's such a pleasure to deal directly with the people who produce your food. Feels like the way things oughta be... as I sip my African Rooibos tea and wondering who I should call :D

-Karen

Not weird, but it took me a minute to get the picture. This is just a long shot, but could it be that the bronchial relaxation had to do with the way you were focusing your attention away from the area associated with anxiety. In other words, would it also work if you focused your attention on your big toe or your fingertips?

I'm wondering if the way you were using your attention to calm the breathing was simply regulating the autonomic nervous system and shutting off the sympathetic fight-or-flight. And there are a lot of ways that can be accomplished. Does this ring a bell? If not, I'll put my thinking cap back on.

Can you make a connection between the wheezing and something that happened just prior to it?

Karen

:(

too weird a question?

Yes, you big oddity. You can't breathe into your head unless it has airbags to hold the air in.

You can direct your attention to your head as you breathe in, thereby not expanding your lungs much and reducing whatever you feel there.

If you really reckon you can breathe without your lungs, then I'm sure you don't need your nose or mouth either, cos they're only peripheral openings. Let us know how you get on. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On the other hand I did hear tell of an 8 hour vhs of a little old man sitting and twinkling with his mouth and nose taped up, but ah aint never done see it.

I have a question. What if you don`t know what you`re allergic to?

I think I just got an alergy, because my right eye (eye lid) was swollen when I woke up this morning, also have a feeling like I`m going to get a head ache. I also have a weird feeling in my body. I`ve already taken a pill, because I can`t afford to have an allergy right now. But this hasn`t happened to me for quite some time. But in the past, I`d also get rashes.

One time I was in our capital city with my dad watching a basketball game live, and when we went for a drink later I felt tired, and people commented that my face is a bit swollen. Went to the hospital and they gave me a shot of something in my bum. :lol:

Also, is it possible that the allergy is somehow related to my liver? During the night there was a big thunderstorm that woke me up and kept me from sleeping for some time. During that time, I felt wierd and had pain in my liver every once and a while. So I`m thinking that it might be related somehow.

I have the Energy Medicine book too. Will check out the allergy part.

Edited by Pero

Pero - I just got back from Slovenia! I loved it very much. beautiful country - I was in Bohinj and Soca Valley. stunning. I also noticed you have beautiful dogs there!! ( honestly!)

Wow, you were here? :D

How long have you been here? I`ve been in Bohinj last month. Well, more like passing by, I went with my friends for a hike (not sure if the right word, around 10 hours walk) up to Sedmera Jezera (Seven Lakes), where we slept for one night, then went back down. Not sure what the weather was like there at this time, but did you swim in the lake in Bohinj?

wow. I've been doing chi - gong for years, yet I still was allergic to a dog. So you were lucky.

Pero - i've been taking this allergic episode as an opportunity to get to know my immune system better - I've started to be a bit more in tune with it... I was walking along the road the other day and I saw a very fluffy dog and thought 'aaw, what a lovely dog"' and immediately my nose began to itch! I consciously relaxed and said to my immune system 'it's ok, it's only fur, and you arent going to be living with it." and the itch went.

my point being it is possible I think to become more aware of one's immune system's reaction to the world. the donna eden book has a lot on this and it's great.

I have a little bag of dog hair which I have to do a project with - holding the hair on my body whilst tranquillising my triple heater, and for about 30 consecutive days. A de -programming, essentially.

I'm finding it all fascinating.

You see, I don`t know what I`m allergic to. So, I can`t really do stuff like that.

Anyways, I have an update for my allergy. It may not have been an allergy at all. :)

Something like this happened to me once before, something somewhere :lol: in the eye area (eyelid, or some gland there) gets clogged up or something, not sure, supposedly similar to acne. It`s gone now, and I`m not sure if the pill had the effect or healing sounds... Will see if it returns tommorow morning.

Wow, you were here? :D

How long have you been here? I`ve been in Bohinj last month. Well, more like passing by, I went with my friends for a hike (not sure if the right word, around 10 hours walk) up to Sedmera Jezera (Seven Lakes), where we slept for one night, then went back down. Not sure what the weather was like there at this time, but did you swim in the lake in Bohinj?

You see, I don`t know what I`m allergic to. So, I can`t really do stuff like that.

Anyways, I have an update for my allergy. It may not have been an allergy at all. :)

Something like this happened to me once before, something somewhere :lol: in the eye area (eyelid, or some gland there) gets clogged up or something, not sure, supposedly similar to acne. It`s gone now, and I`m not sure if the pill had the effect or healing sounds... Will see if it returns tommorow morning.

If it's near the eyelashes you might try washing the area with a gentle baby shampoo

hello everyone.

I recently got a dog,and it turns out that I am allergic to her and it is giving me asthma. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts/experiences with alternative ways of dealing with this. I asked Michael Winn about it and he said go to a homeopath, which is on my list of things to do when this festive few days finishes.

Any more ideas?

I have ordered an air purifier and a super duper allergy hoover. I mean any ideas about what I could do internally, or....I dunno what else... :huh:

Cat, if you are having difficult breathing it is best to discontinue dairy, raw or not. Soy beverages have more more of what you are after nutritionally and do not produce phlegm which all dairy does. Get to a licensed TCM practitioner, we can help/eleminate allergies and ashtma very easily.