Pietro

The practice of separating reality from illusion

That is an interesting concept.

Would you be willing to say that Truth does not include illusions or delusions?

Well, in my opinion, everything should be subjected to the Law of existence, the Truth. So illusions and delusions will all be subjected to it. :) .

Greetings..

How utterly sad.. given this gift of tangible existence and you dismiss it as 'illusion'.. that same "I" is no less real than than the Cosmos itself, no less real than the Source from which it flows..

Be well..

Sad?

Call it "I" or cosmos - It is nothing but change. There is no permanence to it at all.

Edited by Guest

Greetings..

Hi Steve F: Of course there's a very real "I", your sense of your 'real "I" just replied to the previous post.. Taoists are not fond of 'illusionary' activity, hence the practice of understanding the 'real I' in relationship to its 'real' environment.. That "I" IS a sparate entity, AND it is wholly unified with the Cosmos, simultaneously..

Be well...

hear hear... :)

People who think illusions and reality are the same are effectively claiming that sex and masturbation are the same.

I am claiming that sex and masturbation are the same, call it what you like it is a fantasy, very different from the act of reproduction.

The movement that takes between the "I" and the "Other" is how existence knows itself. Can the mind think without a object of thought?

However, it doesn't mean that there is no "I," for if there is no "I" there is also no "Other." If there is no "I" and no "Other," who's to know existence? Who's to know the movement? Who's to observe?

No one. And that is non-existent. And non-existence too can only be understood relative to the existent. To speak of something truly non-existent is actually laughable. Being is being due to non-being, and non-being is due to being.

Hence, the "I," the "other" and the movement interact...ah here it comes..."dependently" for eternity.

I know all this seems incredibly abstract and impractical, but the world is one of abstraction. :P .

That is a really good post and that is the only reason I am repeating it. No further comment.

Peace & Love!

If the Path and the traveller were one, there would be no Path, or no need for the traveller. If the Bodhisattva is at one with the sufferer, no Bodhisattva would be or the sufferer. Yet, ignorance has arisen, samsara is seen.

If there is no actor, no suffering, no liberator, all this would not be so.

The chains are unbound, and the shade is exhausted,

the Path lies ahead, yet no longer a direction, a pathless land. A limitless Void.

_/\_

Edited by Lucky7Strikes