Non

afraid of being a tao bum

None of this has to do with wanting to cultivate. You say you are against materialism and selfishness, but everything you have said is centered around want. You speak of love and acceptance but is afraid you'll never have a girlfriend, a sign of desperation. You also seem to have many insecurities and is deferring to spiritual content in order to validate yourself. Oh wait, you need to become "powerful" or something. :mellow: .

You need to learn how to fulfill yourself. Be independent, and know that you can truly give something to another person without wanting anything in return. Not relationships or friendships.

I personally don't think you need to set a time to cultivate, but need to re evaluate your societal views, habits, and priorities. It is in ways more difficult than sitting meditation. :) .

Now, I think you are a very nice person

I just want health. I also think cultivation is essential for health. I also think power is essential for health. I think health is essential for more power.

I dont want simply power. I want health. I want balance. That way I can give to others. But I can't really give to others (at least that much) unless I am myself balanced and healthy.

I guess... I also see that having a balanced social and love life contributes to a healthy well being.. especially if you are extremely lacking in that.

Edited by Non

I just want health. I also think cultivation is essential for health. I also think power is essential for health. I think health is essential for more power.

I dont want simply power. I want health. I want balance. That way I can give to others. But I can't really give to others (at least that much) unless I am myself balanced and healthy.

I guess... I also see that having a balanced social and love life contributes to a healthy well being.. especially if you are extremely lacking in that.

In my opinion, this is a wrong view. You are creating a dependent condition, as in "if I have a girlfriend and many friends, I'll be healthy." I've known many people who become so attached to these "oh I must have this, or I am an outcast/unhealthy/inferior" attitude that they are always in a state of desperation and fear. All this "social norm" is complete bullshit.

Find balance and health BY YOURSELF. Learn to stand and find happiness on your own. Cliche 101: be a light onto yourself.

In my opinion, this is a wrong view. You are creating a dependent condition, as in "if I have a girlfriend and many friends, I'll be healthy." I've known many people who become so attached to these "oh I must have this, or I am an outcast/unhealthy/inferior" attitude that they are always in a state of desperation and fear. All this "social norm" is complete bullshit.

Find balance and health BY YOURSELF. Learn to stand and find happiness on your own. Cliche 101: be a light onto yourself.

Well.. my "reasoning" is that... I have an extreme lack of social life and love life that it is detrimental to my biology. I don't see it as 'social norm'. I see it as healthy and balanced not really having to do with "a norm". Such can only be recovered if I practice something which reverses the effects of deprivation and isolation on the physical and mental well being. Biologically I think that life doesn't necessarily depend on it but health does in some way. Like a person needs the sun for his eyes and skin. etc. a person needs human contact and to interact. At least because I'm not at all so spiritually and mentally developed and conditioned such that physical laws and time don't effect me (or my body). How do you think I'll be able to balance out my yang without yin? I'm not saying I need sex but at the very least interaction.

We are social beings. Cells exist in a community. All life in the Uni-verse is social. Yin and yang is "social". Extraterrestrials I believe do not deny the power of community. We live in a universe that thrives on shared experience. If no one believes in something, it doesn't exist, at least for them. Humans are social and they thrive when they are together, as one like in a hive mind in a way. Reality is a shared experience.

at least that's the way I see it. nothing to do with 'what's the norm' but more like what's biology. But this is of course from a deprived point of view, ie not in solitude where a person can actually stand his/her alone time.

at the very least if one is to be isolated from society they do have to do something to counteract it's effects on the person's state of being, whether it be meditation or other practices, perhaps a conducive environment and mindstate. But if it's not taken care of or maintained, then I think it can be detrimental.

Edited by Non

Well.. my "reasoning" is that... I have an extreme lack of social life and love life that it is detrimental to my biology. I don't see it as 'social norm'. I see it as healthy and balanced not really having to do with "a norm". Such can only be recovered if I practice something which reverses the effects of deprivation and isolation on the physical and mental well being. Biologically I think that life doesn't necessarily depend on it but health does in some way. Like a person needs the sun for his eyes and skin. etc. a person needs human contact and to interact. How do you think I'll be able to balance out my yang without yin? I'm not saying I need sex but at the very least interaction.

We are social beings. Cells exist in a community. All life in the Uni-verse is social. Yin and yang is "social". Extraterrestrials I believe do not deny the power of community. We live in a universe that thrives on shared experience. If no one believes in something, it doesn't exist, at least for them. Humans are social and they thrive when they are together, as one like in a hive mind in a way. Reality is a shared experience.

at least that's the way I see it. nothing to do with 'what's the norm' but more like what's biology. But this is of course from a deprived point of view, ie not in solitude.

We are not "social beings." We are not "un social beings." Please investigate into these concepts.

You accept biology as the "norm," current sociological and psychological studies as the truth. They are not.

You can balance yourself by meditating, taking a walk, qi gong. You can also never be out of interaction. Everything is interacting within you right now, 24/7, and for eternity. Question into who you are, why you seek these interactions, what interaction is, what society is, etc. All these are concepts you have taken at face value and create imaginary struggles on more assumptions.

Needing something is a conditional binding, one you'll at one point will have to learn to do without. Yes that includes your body.

All these are habitual thoughts which you bind yourself to. Your neediness naturally creates a situation where you are constantly trying to "get" something from others. This is most likely why you have difficulty interacting with people. See this as a great opportunity to create a better being that is "you."

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

We are not "social beings." We are not "un social beings." Please investigate into these concepts.

You accept biology as the "norm," current sociological and psychological studies as the truth. They are not.

You can balance yourself by meditating, taking a walk, qi gong. You can also never be out of interaction. Everything is interacting within you right now, 24/7, and for eternity. Question into who you are, why you seek these interactions, what interaction is, what society is, etc. All these are concepts you have taken at face value and create imaginary struggles on more assumptions.

Needing something is a conditional binding, one you'll at one point will have to learn to do without. Yes that includes your body.

All these are habitual thoughts which you bind yourself to. Your neediness naturally creates a situation where you are constantly trying to "get" something from others. This is most likely why you have difficulty interacting with people. See this as a great opportunity to create a better being that is "you."

well that's true.

one thing I can't really do too well though is taking walks. I can balance myself by meditating, but if I dont do it it's detrimental.

One thing that would be awesome is the ability to attain the sun's energy through meditation.

I'm sorry.. but I think you and others misunderstand me. It's not that I dont "like" the mundane... its just... that I view this world or society as having been corrupt. And yea some of the mundane things of this world are just really outdated and shouldn't even be so outdated if this society hadn't been so corrupted.. And the corruption I speak of... is not just a result of human corruption but a corruption from an extraterrestrial source or foreign source thats tried to really keep humanity ignorant and weak.

It is also this difference between me and others that might also keep me a loner. A belief in conspiracy..

I have edited my post for further clarification.

regtards

So when will things not be outdated?

From where in yourself do you ask these questions?

If you read Lao Tzu, isn't being ignorant and weak really something to be embraced?

Good luck you your journey.

h

So when will things not be outdated?

From where in yourself do you ask these questions?

If you read Lao Tzu, isn't being ignorant and weak really something to be embraced?

Good luck you your journey.

h

whoops... not just outdated sorry but also onesided such that one has to be kind of a renunciate to practice spiritual things or overly materialistic just to get things in this life. kinda hard to tread both paths.

or maybe not for some people.

Im also different in that I believe in certain things others dont, anti mainstream, conspiracy and extreterrestrial influence, but also very scientific, but not of the mainstream.

Edited by Non

whoops... not just outdated sorry but also onesided such that one has to be kind of a renunciate to practice spiritual things or overly materialistic just to get things in this life. kinda hard to tread both paths.

or maybe not for some people.

Im also different in that I believe in certain things others dont, anti mainstream, conspiracy and extreterrestrial influence, but also very scientific, but not of the mainstream.

It's hard.

Are your beliefs the same as reality?

h

It's hard.

Are your beliefs the same as reality?

h

wish they were. but perception is never reality

I think that a good portion of those who come to this community, stay, and succeed, have done so because they are unable to find satisfaction anywhere else.

That does not make them better people. One could just as easily feel sorry for them.

Dude...if you want a girlfriend, stop whining, forget about subliminating your jing through the lotus posture, and just sign up for a dance class. And if you aren't even willing to do this, then forget about mastering the Dao, because you ain't got what it takes.

P.S. Eat a steak. ;)

Non,

Exercise outdoors is my vote! I hope you feel better soon!

Tao Toe,

Yoda

Yea...DEFINITELY want to get out more broseph!!

social exposure is extremely important for a young buck such as yourself... do the recluse thing when your an old man and have experienced all that life has to offer!!

Oh, and about the women... financial status is NOT important to getting women (unless you want golddiggers).... check out this website MASF (fastseduction.com)... it's not Politically Correct but you can learn MAD skills with the honies... SERIOUSLY check it out!!

Being a maniac braniac is cool, but you must balance it with some fun stuff...

and exercise is CRUCIAL... i was on antidepressants for years (they f'in SUCK) and exercise is as/more effective than that shizz... plus you get the added benefit of being chiseled...(instead of 'no-boners')lol

LIVE SON!!