Ohm-Nei

Enlightenment for all.

Can't be done... If you believe that, you are mistaken about how much power you have. This is ego delusion...

As the Dalai Lama once said... "You can't liberate me. Only I can liberate myself..."

that's what i was trying to get at with the scenario.

it's a 4 dimensional problem hard to explain in 3 dimensions

that's what i was trying to get at with the scenario.

it's a 4 dimensional problem hard to explain in 3 dimensions

It's not a 4 dimensional problem. You are simply making it complicated. It's very easy to explain. The mind loves to complicate things.

There is a fine little parable (i think that's the right term) that comes to mind which could be a whole debate in itself i'm sure:

Q: If there is a God who is omnicient and omnipotent, can God create something so heavy it/he/she/(some term that implies unity) cannot lift?

A: Yes. It's called an ego.

The point being, an ego can only lift itself, ref the words of HH the Dalai, and it's gotta be something that every cell of your being wants.

I do think we create what we believe, but the big problem is casting this in an individualistic philosophy, which is what usually happens here in the West and the golden age of 'yes the universe wants you to have that sports car too' philosophy. There is also just some f*@cked up stuff that happens, we are not isolated bubbles, we impact each other, we are all each other at some level, and the totality of Self of some 6billion+ belief systems has some pretty contradictory and frankly quite insane beliefs (as well as sublime), and on some level they are all my/our beliefs. The measure of the person is how that person deals with the shifting tides of our marvellous collective sanity/insanity, and i actually think that's the more important component.

The measure of the person is how that person deals with the shifting tides of our marvellous collective sanity/insanity, and i actually think that's the more important component.

I'm not sure about the specific words but I love this concept. That's the bottom line, isn't it? How we deal with our reality.

Peace & Love!

I like your post EagleShen and i think you'd be really interested on reading up on some of my articles, very revolutionary.