Sign in to follow this  
RON JEREMY

SEAN GREAT JOB, GREAT TEMPLATE, GREAT SITE

Thanks Ron! :)

I think I might make another template soon though. One that is a little more gritty and goes with the "taobums" concept better. Like a Lao Tzu with a pint up in the header or something. 8)

I'll probably still leave this template as an option though.

I can design a banner... just need the size of the pic. Or we all can design one and vote on the best one to use.

Thanks Yoda!

Max, sounds like a great idea. One of the ideas I had was to make the logo_phpBB.gif (currently the dragon at the top left) a random image pulled from a directory of images. I'll figure out how to do that this week and then whoever wants to send in an interesting image to be in that directory could do so.

I see the dragon image size 240x110. Can you load an image longer than that, lets say 240x600?

Yeah sure. It can be taller too. But if we go with the random image thing we'll want to decide on a set size so the header doesn't keep jumping up and down or pushing left and right every time someone goes to a new page.

I will work on an image 240x600. I'm surprized you made the board reddish-brown... will try to make something matching the overall color. Also I can do an image with:

"TaoBums.com...

The Bums of Tao" or just an image with no words. What's better?

SEAN ALL WE NEED NOW IS A WIKKI, HOW DO YA FEEL ABOUT IT.

DA FORUM FOR EVERYDAY CHAT N DA WIKKI TO DISTILL DOWN DA BETTER POSTS?

SO FAR I WAS THINKIN ABOUT ONE O 3 WIKKIs:

1) TIKKI WIKKI

2) PHP WIKKI

3) MEDIA WIKKI (FROM PIETRO)

I LIKE PHP WIKKI BETTER, IT'S DA EASIEST TO SET UP N IS JUST FOR BARE CONTENT, NO FRILLS.

TIKKI WIKKI IS VERY GEEKY, IT HAS AN INTEGGRATED FORUM, CHAT, GALLERY, N SHIT AD INFINNITUM.

MEDIA WIKKI IS FOR PHDs LIKE PIETRO, HE SAYS YA CAN DO LATTEX FORMULAS, WHATEVER THEY ARE.

I LIKE PHP WIKKI, I GUESS ALL YA HAVE TO DO IS TO UNZIPP IT INTO DA FOLDER ET VOILA LES JEUX SONT FAIT, NO NEED TO MESS WITH DATABASES ETC. N UNLESS YA HACK IT, IT DONT EVEN DO HTML/JAVASCRIPT SO IT WONT MESS YER SERVER.

I THINK THEN DA SITE WOULD BE JUST PERFECT, PERRHAPS YA COULD USE YER ARTISTIC SKILLS ON A FRONT PAGE WITH A TAO BUM LINKIN TO THIS FORUM N TO DA WIKKI. THERE YA GO N WELL BE READY FOR PRIME TIME!!!

HAPPY THANXGIVIN NOW!!!

RONNIETSU MAHASALAMI

I will work on an image 240x600. I'm surprized you made the board reddish-brown... will try to make something matching the overall color. Also I can do an image with:

"TaoBums.com...

The Bums of Tao" or just an image with no words. What's better?

You can probably leave it the text altogether since currently the text isn't an image. What surprises you about the red? Do you like it?

SEAN ALL WE NEED NOW IS A WIKKI, HOW DO YA FEEL ABOUT IT.

DA FORUM FOR EVERYDAY CHAT N DA WIKKI TO DISTILL DOWN DA BETTER POSTS?

Ron, I'll definitely look into the Wiki over the weekend if I have time from stuffing my face with turkey and cranberry sauce. :D

And I had similiar thoughts about how the site should be organized and I'm still thinking about them. Wether or not to have the home page the forum itself with the links up the top or have the home page be "portal" style with blurbs from "recent posts", news, links to the Wiki, a links section and maybe even a "store" which would be a page of books, products, etc. that we all can add to and review.

What surprises you about the red? Do you like it?

First, i said to myself "WTF?" but since then I got used to it. :wink:

I like Ron's idea, where you have a home page with basic explanation what this site is all about and links to archives and a forum.

THIS PURPLE RED COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL N IS A VERY IMPORTANT COLOR IN ALCHEMY, I LIKE IT ALOT!!!

http://webexhibits.org/pigments/indiv/color/reds3.html

Red in Alchemy

According to the ideas of Alchemy the whole matter was endowed with life. Dyeing was an animated process utilizing powers innate to matter. Roger Bacon, learned monk and scientist, wrote in 13th century:

"Alchemy is of great practical use; it teaches us to prepare precious metalls, dyes and many other usefull things in a better and richer way than they are brought forth in the Nature." (Bruns 1997, p. 70)

Red was the alchemical color of all colors. Preaparation of Vermilion (mercuric sulfide) from mercury and sulphur was worked out in all details. Vermilion and mercury itself were considered by some adepts to be the preliminary stage to the "Philosophers Stone" - a magic substance which was capable of converting cheap metalls into gold. Owners of this stone were thought to have magical capabilities. The search for the Philosopher Stone could be construed to be the symbol of the quest for higher states of life (see Paulo Coellho: The Alchemist). There were many complicated and even magical steps to the preparation of this imaginary substance. The completion of this Opus Magnus (Great Work) was signalled by reddening of the mixture ("rubedo"). This being the reason for naming the Philosopher Stone "Red Lion" or "Great Red Water".

Sign in to follow this